Congress videotapes available!
1. Report from WCAR (World Conference Against Racism) and introduction of campaign work by representatives of the four WILPF campaigns: Uniting for Racial Justice: Truth, Reparations, Restoration and Reconciliation (UFORJE); WILPF Women and Cuba Campaign; Challenge Corporate Power: Assert the People's Rights; Disarm! Dismantling the War Economy (59 min.)
2. "Weaving the World Anew," a dramatic reading with dance, song, and audience participation presented by the wild-wisewomen of Vermont, led by Eleanor Ott. "When we open to the pain of our world, we discover our interconnectedness in the web of life. This is the gift of dark and dangerous times, to find again our mutual belonging" -- Joanna Macy (55 min.)
3. "Searching for Peace in a State of Siege," a plenary address by Blanche Wiesen Cook at the WILPF U.S. Section Congress (59 min.)
4. "Seeking Peace in Israel and Palestine," a plenary session with Charlotte Dennett, Libby Frank, Susannah Heschel, and Gloria Bletter (59 min.)
5. "Economic and Power Relations in the Middle East," a talk by Charlotte Dennett at Central Vermont WILPF's Annual Retreat in October 2002, expanding on the ideas she presented at the WILPF Congress in June (60 min.)
6. Plenary: UFORJE presentation and responses from audience, with UFORJE panel speakers Barbara Laval, Sha' an Mouliert, Lettie Polite, Evelyn Spears, and Gwendolyn Braxton (60 min.)
7. "WILPF Authors: Voice of Inspiration," excerpts from presentations at the WILPF Congress by Grace Paley (selected poems); Clare Coss (Lillian Wald: At Home on Henry Street); and Joyce Blackwell-Johnson (No Peace Without Freedom, No Freedom Without Peace) (60 min.)
Videotapes are $20 each (price includes handling, shipping, and a $5 donation to National WILPF) and can be ordered from: Video Activist Lab of Vermont, 33 North Franklin St., Montpelier, VT 05602. Email orders to Linda Leehman at email@example.com or call (802) 223-4109.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Peace and Freedom|
|Date:||Jan 1, 2003|
|Previous Article:||International executive committee convenes in New Zealand.|
|Next Article:||Leave no child...unarmed? (Peace Education).|