Confusion prevails over report of news agencies spying on Mandela.
While Eastern Cape police said the completed docket had been handed over to prosecutors, the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) denied receiving it and national police said they understood the probe was still underway.
"I spoke to one of the investigators and he said the docket was completed and was handed in. We do not have it anymore," Lieutenant-Colonel Mzukisi Fatyela said.
The docket apparently contains evidence against Reuters and The Associated Press (AP).
Fatyela said it had been submitted to the director of public prosecutions in Mthatha, News24 reports.
However, NPA spokesperson Mthunzi Mhaga said the Mthatha director of public prosecutions had not yet received the docket.
"We made an enquiry with the director, and no such docket has been handed in," he said.
National police spokesperson Colonel Vishnu Naidoo also denied that the investigation was complete.
In December, The Times reported that Reuters and AP had installed at least three closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras at Chieftainess Nokwanele Balizulu's home, providing a direct view of the entrance to Mandela's house in Qunu, News24 reports. ( ANI )
Copyright 2012 aninews.in All rights reserved.
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Asian News International|
|Date:||Jan 14, 2012|
|Previous Article:||Gilani to chair Cabinet Defence Committee meeting in Pakistan.|
|Next Article:||Methane in rivers contribute more to global warming than nitrous oxide.|