Colors to brighten winter. (Arrangement).
Make this Despite the lush look, this bouquet takes only a few minutes of prep and a small amount of fussing.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* 10 stems ranunculus
* 15 stems Iceland poppies
* 5 mandarin orange tree branches (approximately 18 in. long) with fruit attached
* vase with open, fluted top (ours is 10 in. tall)
* hand pruners
1. Prepare flowers and branches by removing foliage that will fall below the water line and re-cutting stems on a generous slant. Hold poppy stems over a candle flame for 1 to 2 seconds to sear the ends. (This prevents the poppies from leaking sap that can contaminate the water.)
2. Arrange the mandarin orange branches in the vase in an upside-down pyramid shape to form .the basic structure.
3. Tuck in poppies and ranunculus. Play around with the blooms until you get a pleasing mix of shapes and colors. The flowers should have room to move and bob their heads.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||flower and fruit arrangement|
|Article Type:||Brief Article|
|Date:||Feb 1, 2003|
|Previous Article:||Best martini when in Death Valley. (Cocktail).|
|Next Article:||Kick back in Portland's own Tribeca. (Neighborhood Discovery).|