Printer Friendly

Closing Breakfast keynote speaker.

Craig Karges

Wednesday, February 1, 2006

8:30 a.m.-10:00 a.m.

Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center

Extraordinist Craig Karges, named as one of the top five variety entertainers in the country by Performance Magazine, will be the keynote speaker for the 2006 Winter Conference Closing Breakfast. His powerful and enlightening message, regarding the potential of the human mind, will inspire ACA's attendees and leave them talking as the Conference draws to a close.

[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED]

Mr. Karges energizes, entertains and motivates his audiences as he explores the unexplained, the unknown and the unbelievable. He began his career as an entertainer, specializing in appearances on college and university campuses. His success in this field was so great that the National Association for Campus Activities (NACA) named him Campus Entertainer of the Year--an award which had previously been won by rock stars such as Huey Lewis and the News and The Police. The NACA, with a membership of more than 1,000, also voted him the most popular entertainer on the college circuit for 12 consecutive years. After the college circuit, Mr. Karges shifted his attention to the corporate and association meetings industry, making his presentations for corporate giants, including IBM, General Motors and General Electric.

[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED]

Mr. Karges has made several television appearances, including The Tonight Show With Jay Leno, Larry King Live, CNN Headline News, CNBC, E! Entertainment Television, Lifetime Television, The Nashville Network and United Paramount Network. He has given more than 2,000 presentations in 49 states and Canada. His one-man show, Experience the Extraordinary, visited more than 150 cities worldwide last year. During this time, Mr. Karges began to study the fields of peak performances and human potential, incorporating into his presentations a motivational message accentuating the power of the mind and showing that nothing is impossible. He blends mystery, humor, psychology and intuition in his performance, using total audience participation. According to Mr. Karges, "we use only 10 percent to 20 percent of our minds," while the capabilities existing in the remaining 80 percent to 90 percent are controlled by our subconscious.

[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED]

Mr. Karges has been named the top performer in his field worldwide by the International Psychic Entertainers Association. The National Speakers Association (NSA) honored him with the Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation, a recognition that fewer than 10 percent of NSA's 4,000 plus members have had bestowed upon them.

He is the creator of Mind Games, a series of exercises, designed as games, which allow people to test and enhance their intuitive capabilities. He is also the author of Ignite Your Intuition, a book in which he reveals how to tap into your natural intuitive abilities to improve your memory, make better choices and be more creative.
COPYRIGHT 2005 American Correctional Association, Inc.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2005 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:Craig Karges to speak at American Correctional Association's 2006 Winter Conference
Publication:Corrections Today
Article Type:Biography
Geographic Code:1USA
Date:Oct 1, 2005
Words:460
Previous Article:Annual Luncheon keynote speaker.
Next Article:Family Auxiliary Program and tour.
Topics:


Related Articles
ACA's Orlando meeting offers insight into today's issues.
Winter Conference focuses on programs that work.
2000 Winter Conference Attendees Make Treatment Their Business.
2003 Winter Conference.
Closing Breakfast keynoter.
Closing Breakfast Keynote Speaker: Michael J. Durant.
Closing Breakfast--Conference closes with a hero's tale.
Closing Breakfast keynote speaker.
"Music city, USA" served as the perfect backdrop for the 2006 Winter Conference.
Craig Karges delights, amazes Closing Breakfast attendees.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2022 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters |