Child's play: Plenty of fun is promised for the Kids Expo 2018. It features face.
Leaps and bounds: Rally behind the star gymnasts of tomorrow at the USA Gymnastics Triple Cup Weekend at the Sears Centre Arena, 5333 Prairie Stone Parkway, Hoffman Estates. $59-$79 American Cup; $29-$39 for Elite Team Cup. (888) 732-7784 or searscentre.com. American Cup 10:30 a.m. today; Elite Team Cup at 5 p.m.
Henson fantasy: Before a restored print is released on Blu-ray later this year, the 1982 Jim Henson fantasy film "The Dark Crystal" will return to theaters nationally for a series of special screenings. Prices vary by venue, but largely $14. For locations and prices, visit fathomevents.com. 2 p.m. today.
Taste of Cairo: WAMI Live and McLeod Media Company present a night of punk rock and metal from the Chicago area with Taste of Cairo at West Chicago's Cairo Ale House. The Beta Waves headlines the lineup, which includes Silent Redemption, Marwood Falls, Welcome to Jonestown, Guardsman and Jury of Fears. Don't miss the band giveaways, food and a special tapping of Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA, too. Cairo Ale House, 2009 Franciscan Way, West Chicago. $7-$10; craft beer flight package also available. (630) 876-9600 or events.wamilive.com. 7 p.m. today.
All you need is ...: Actress and comedian Loni Love ("Kickin' It," "America's Sister") returns for a run of standup shows at the Improv Comedy Showcase, 5 Woodfield Road, Schaumburg. $24 plus a two-item purchase. (847) 240-2001 or chicago.improv.com. 7 and 9:15 p.m. today.
Rosemont Restaurant Week: Get your taste buds ready: Rosemont Restaurant Week is here. From Sunday to Sunday, March 4-11, special deals on three-course prix fixe lunch and dinner menus will be available at 13 restaurants in Rosemont. Participating eateries are: Adobe Gila's, Bub City Rosemont, Five Roses Pub, Fogo de Cho, Gino's East, Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse, Hofbruhaus Chicago, Kings Dining & Entertainment, Liberty Tavern, Moretti's, Morton's Steakhouse, Park Tavern and RAM Restaurant & Brewery. Menus start as low as $11.99 per person. Learn more at rosemontrestaurantweek.com.
Iron Chef + Lake County Restaurant Week: Lake County Restaurant Week, which runs through March 11, kicks off with the Sedgebrook Iron Chef Invitational, a cooking competition between the retirement community's executive chef Kira Eggert, Eddie Merlot's executive chef Aric Spiczka and Fleming's chef partner Steve McCarty on Sunday. During the competition, the executive chef and sous chef will prepare an appetizer, an entree and a dessert. Three judges, including state Rep. Carol Sente, will determine the winner. Lake County Restaurant Week features prix fixe menus and special offers over 10 days at almost 60 restaurants including fine dining, casual, family-friendly, brew pubs, sports bars and more. Sedgebrook is at 800 Audubon Way, Lincolnshire, (847) 876-2151. For details on Lake County Restaurant Week, see visitlakecounty.org/restaurantweek-2018.
Border wars: Sideshow Theatre Company begins its 11th season with the Chicago-area premiere of "You for Me for You," Mia Chung's comedy about North Korean sisters who are separated at the border when they try to escape. Their attempts to reunite are confounded by bureaucracy, language barriers and cultural incompatibility. Artistic associate Elly Green directs the production, which features Helen Joo Lee and Jin Park as sisters Minhee and Junhee. Victory Gardens Theater, 2433 N. Lincoln Ave., Chicago. The show opens Thursday. $20-$30. (773) 871-3000, victorygardens.org or sideshowtheatre.org. Previews at 2:30 p.m. Sunday and 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Zany to the max: Fans of the animated series "Animaniacs" won't want to miss seeing voice actors Rob Paulsen and songwriter Randy Rogel in the tour of "Animaniacs in Concert" on Sunday at College of Lake County's Lumber Center for the Performing Arts, 19351 W. Washington St., Grayslake. $33-$38; $32-$37 seniors; $12-$15 youth. (847) 543-2300 or jlcenter.clcillinois.edu. 4 p.m. Sunday.
* Bach Around the Clock: 9 a.m. today at First United Methodist Church, 216 E. Highland Avenue, Elgin. Concerts for a Cause ministry presents a 12-hour concert of Bach's music, performed by more than 200 musicians throughout the day in celebration of J.S. Bach's 333rd birthday. Free, but donations will benefit Ecker Center for Mental Health. (847) 741-0038 or fumcelgin.org.
* Taste the Town with David Paige Band: 6 p.m. today at Rolling Meadows Community Center, 3705 Pheasant Drive, Rolling Meadows. $15. www.ci.rolling-meadows.il.us.
* Woven In Hiatus, Parachute Day, Ledges, Like Language, Candid: 6:30 p.m. today at Evolution Music, 923 Curtiss St., Downers Grove. $10. (630) 541-5022 or ticketfly.com.
* VoicePlay: 7 p.m. today at Raue Center for the Arts, 26 N. Williams St., Crystal Lake. $20-$35; $6 for students. (815) 356-9212 or rauecenter.org.
* Y&T: 8 p.m. today at Arcada Theatre, 105 E. Main St., St. Charles. $39-$59. (630) 962-7000 or arcadalive.com.
* Genr8r: 8 p.m. today at Durty Nellie's, 180 N. Smith St., Palatine. $5. (847) 358-9150 or durtynellies.com.
* Get The Led Out: 8 p.m. today at Rosemont Theatre, 5400 N. River Road, Rosemont. Tickets start at $19.50. (847) 671-5100 or rosemont.com/theatre/.
* Smarty Pants: 8:30 p.m. today at Peggy Kinnane's, 8 N. Vail Ave., Arlington Heights. Free. (847) 577-7733 or peggykinnanes.com.
* Mr. Blotto: 9 p.m. today at BrauerHouse, 1000 N. Rohlwing Road, Lombard. $7-$10. (630) 495-2141 or brauerhouse.com.
* Kowloon Bay: 5:30 p.m. Sunday at Wire, 6815 Roosevelt Road, Berwyn. $10-$12. (708) 669-9473 or wireismusic.com.
* Disco Inc., Old Jaw, latenightsinmycar, Jaclyn Heuser, Noah Majerczyk: 6:30 p.m. Sunday at Evolution Music, 923 Curtiss St., Downers Grove. $10. (630) 541-5022 or evolutionmusicstore.com.
* Backwood Jones "Tunnel Vision": 8 p.m. Tuesday at Wire, 6815 Roosevelt Road, Berwyn. $10-$15. (708) 669-9473 or wireismusic.com.
* Knuckle Puck, Boston Manor, Free Throw, Hot Mulligan, Jetty Bones: 5:30 p.m. Thursday at Durty Nellie's, 180 N. Smith St., Palatine. $19-$23; $30 for reserved seats. (847) 358-9150 or durtynellies.com.
* REO Speedwagon: 8 p.m. Thursday at Rialto Square Theatre, 102 N. Chicago St., Joliet. $44.50-$92.50. (815) 726-6600 or rialtosquare.com.