There are so many ways you can celebrate Week of the Classroom Teacher and World Teachers' Day. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
* Visit the ACEI Web site, www.acei.org, to obtain the planning guide and other sample materials to assist with generating publicity, and call ACEI Headquarters (301-570-2111) for brochures and bookmarks.
* Attain press coverage through press releases and interviews. Contact your local radio station to arrange airtime to promote your upcoming celebratory events.
* Increase community awareness of the unique responsibilities and challenges teachers face by contacting your local PTO, PTA, teacher association, or community organization to sponsor a celebratory event.
* Ask parents to host a celebration breakfast in the teachers lounge.
* Encourage children to write an article about their favorite teacher for the school newsletter. For smaller children, have them draw a picture of their favorite teacher and feature the drawings on the school bulletin board.
* Invite teacher educators to send a card or note of appreciation to the teacher who encouraged them to pursue teaching.
* Meet with your local and national political leaders and lobby for high-quality education and continuing professional development for all teachers, at every level. Education International (EI) states that "Teacher training should be fully integrated into national education policies and reflect cultural diversity."
Share with your fellow colleagues how much your students appreciate your role as educator, guidance counselor, taskmaster, and dream catcher. Send a description and/or photos of your Week of the Classroom Teacher/World Teachers' Day celebration events to Jana Pauldin at jpauldin@acei. org for possible publication in the ACEI Exchange, on the ACEI Web site, or in the Week of the Classroom Teacher/World Teachers' Day brochure.
--Jana Pauldin, Public Relations Manager
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Public Affairs Update|
|Date:||Jan 1, 2006|
|Previous Article:||ACEI Outstanding Member Service Award.|
|Next Article:||Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF.|