Celeb hair clinic; Get Kate's 'Croydon Facelift'.
And this week, Kate Winslet proved that the style is still going strong.
Mirror columnist and hairdresser to the stars Andrew Barton, of Saks, says: "Bizarrely, there is something totally glamorous about this look and it's one the likes of Madonna and Sharon Stone have used to great effect.
"The Croydon Facelift, as it's known, is usually a fashion faux pas but Kate has made it look hot. The secret is in the products. Don't use wet-look or hard-setting gels, use those with a soft, natural effect. "For mature women the look can be too extreme but a variation can be worn where their hair is pulled back much looser yet still gets the facelift effect.
"The style is also a renowned industry photo-shoot trick. On set I will take a few strands of hair at either temple area and plait them.
"Once plaited I'll then pull them back before dressing the rest of the hair around the plaits so that they're invisible."
ANDREW'S TIPS TO GET THE LOOK
(1) "Preparation is crucial. Try my Andrew Barton Frizz Tamer styling creme and blend a little Andrew Barton Gloss Serum together, and apply before blow-drying."
(2) " Blow-dry the hair almost straight but with a little texture still left in the hair for the loose ponytail at the back."
(3) "Once it's dry, spread a little more of the mixture on to the hair from the forehead to the crown, lifting the hair into a high tail and securing with a covered band."
(4) " Use a comb to make sure you have combed back each and every hair - this look should be perfectly scraped away from the face."
(5) "Don't add the product to the ends of the hair. Let them hang loose, stealing a few strands to cover the ponytail band."
CONTACT SAKS ON 0845 678 0290
SOFTER: Kate's usual style LIFT: Kate Winslet this week
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||The Mirror (London, England)|
|Date:||Jun 5, 2009|
|Previous Article:||AMPLE rewards; Trying to find some sexy plus-sized lingerie used to be a chore but Simply Yours is making the task far more fun.|
|Next Article:||Your Father's Day gift guide.. If you're feeling the pinch but still want to show your dad just how much you love him on June 21, pick the perfect...|