Cat poisoning investigated.
The RSPCA has launched an appeal for information to try to track down those responsible for poisoning the two-year-old male tabby from Wrexham.
Vets from the Borras and Acton area who treated the pet cat told the animal welfare charity that antifreeze was the likely cause of the cat's death as it had an ulcerated mouth and suffered renal failure.
Its owner believes his pet may have ingested the harmful substance near the Hawthorns.
RSPCA inspector Kia Thomas said: This is a sad case for cat and owner. Although the cause is not conclusive the RSPCA does investigate a number of cases where cats are believed to have ingested antifreeze."
Anyone with information about this incident can call the RSPCA cruelty line in confidence on (0300) 1234 999.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Daily Post (Liverpool, England)|
|Date:||Oct 27, 2011|
|Previous Article:||Nightclub giant's closure threat.|
|Next Article:||Public must pay more to rescue Cube; Campaigners told rates rise needed to maintain civic hall.|