CartoonNetwork.com Extends Year-Long Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends Interactive Game.
ATLANTA -- Blooregard Q. Kazoo's Big Fat Awesome House Party is brimming with so many new friends, they've decided to extend the party for six more months! Initially launched as a year-long interactive game, the enthusiastic response from the millions of registered fans having a great time with Bloo prompted Cartoon Network to create a "By Popular Demand" extension of the game. Along with the extension, which keeps the party going until November 2007, Big Fat Awesome House Party introduces six new "builds" featuring all new areas to explore, new games, ability to purchase toys and more.
Launched in May 2006, over 13 million users have registered to play Big Fat Awesome House Party, CartoonNetwork.com's largest online game ever. Based on Cartoon Network's popular original series Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, the free game allows players to immerse themselves in the hit show by creating their very own imaginary friend.
Today CartoonNetwork.com launches the first of six new expansion features in Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party that include:
* Six new areas: Each month a new area outside the house will launch where the player will be able to perform adventures and duties, as well as purchase goods, play games and watch movie clips. These areas include: Mac's Apartment, the Shopping Mall, Mac's School, the Junkyards, the Park and the Airport.
* Interaction with the My Best Friend avatar: My Best Friend (MBF) is a new feature that allows every player to integrate the avatar of a "real-life" friend into the house and allows the player to view the avatar and keep track of his friend's accomplishments in the House Party game. The avatar will appear in different parts of the house, including the mini-games' high score lists, as well as inside a special photo album.
* A new economy: Players can now unlock cool objects at the Shopping Mall with tickets earned through various high scores in the mini-games.
* More mini-games and adventures: The Shopping Mall will house a brand new arcade featuring a new mini-game each month. Each new expansion will also feature several new adventures that the player can go on with Bloo.
* Toys: Each build will feature a new toy which can be unlocked like mini-games, and the toys will be objects that the player can interact with.
* Collectible video clips: Players will now be able to collect short video clips via the high-score reward system in the mini-games, and the video clips will be available for viewing at the Shopping Mall's movie theater.
"Big Fat Awesome House Party has been our biggest gaming success in our history," stated Paul Condolora, senior vice president and general manager of Cartoon Network New Media. "We're thrilled to expand the game to allow imaginary friends and online gamers the ability to explore the mansion in new and fun ways. The success of Big Fat Awesome House Party highlights our commitment to offering high quality online games that deepen the connection between our fans and our characters. We look forward to even more friends joining the mansion with the launch of additional features."
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, created by Craig McCracken, airs on Cartoon Network on Friday evenings at 7 p.m. (ET, PT). In the series Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, the shy Mac has the perfect alter ego in his imaginary friend Blooregard Q. Kazoo. Bloo is the impulsive and brash creature who lives at Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, a haven for wayward imaginary friends like Wilt, Eduardo, Coco and others who have been separated from the kids who invented them. One of Cartoon Network's top-rated original series, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends is now in its fifth season.
Cartoon Network New Media is responsible for the production of Cartoon Network's popular Web sites, which include CartoonNetwork.com and CartoonNetworkYa.com (the Spanish-language site for kids). CartoonNetwork.com is one of the most popular entertainment sites in the world for kids, attracting more than 5 million unique users each month (Nielsen NetRatings). Its top attraction is its roster of games, which drew more than 2 billion game plays in 2006.
In addition, Cartoon Network New Media is the creative force behind Cartoon Network's video-on-demand offerings, interactive TV and mobile offerings, which include partnerships with such major carriers as Sprint, Cingular and Verizon.
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in more than 91 million U.S. homes and 160 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.'s ad-supported cable service offering the best in original, acquired and classic animated entertainment for kids and families. Overnight from 11 p.m.-6 a.m. (ET, PT) Sunday-Thursday, Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animation for young adults 18-34.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||May 21, 2007|
|Previous Article:||Lawson Software Delivers Human Capital Management On-Demand.|
|Next Article:||Cook Urological Marks Thirty Years of Innovation with Record Growth.|