IF HE NEEDS TIME DECIDING ON THE BEST WAY TO AVOID GOING IN ALL DIRECTIONS AT ONCE, THEN I'M FOR IT ...
ANALYZE THE POLITICAL CARTOON
(1) Why is President Obama pictured as a tank commander?
(2) What decision is he shown trying to make, and why has it been a major challenge for him?
(3) What places are written on some of the signs, and what do they have in common?
(4) What other words and phrases are on the signs? How do they relate to Obama's challenges?
(5) What does the soldier's statement mean? How do you think he feels about this situation?
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||New York Times Upfront|
|Article Type:||Brief article|
|Date:||Dec 14, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Teacher's edition.|
|Next Article:||A bovine visitor stops to check out sunbathers on the beach in Goa, a popular vacation spot on India's west coast.|
|Security vs. civil liberties.|
|Analyze the political cartoon.|