Printer Friendly

Car bomber attacks NATO convoy in Afghanistan.

KANDAHAR -- A car bomber attacked a NATO convoy in the southern Afghan city of Kandahar on Sunday, killing one civilian and wounding four others but without causing casualties among international forces, officials said.

Qudratullah Khushbakht, a spokesman for the Kandahar governor, said the attack happened on the airport road, killing a woman and wounding four other people.

However a spokesman for the NATO-led Resolute Support mission said there had been no injuries among troops in the convoy.

'We can confirm a suicide bomber attempted an attack on a patrol in Kandahar, Afghanistan, earlier today. However, there were no fatalities or injuries sustained by coalition forces,' the spokesman said in an emailed statement.

COPYRIGHT 2017 Asianet-Pakistan
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2017 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Regional Times (Karachi, Pakistan)
Geographic Code:9AFGH
Date:Dec 18, 2017
Words:146
Previous Article:Ahsan condemns Quetta church attack, vows to uproot terrorism.
Next Article:Shahbaz heading home ahead of PML-N's campaign against 'double standards of justice'.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters