Capital Flows, Currency Wars, and Monetary Policy.
A conference on Capital Flows, Currency Wars, and Monetary Policy took place in Cambridge on April 5-6. Research Associates Emmanuel Farhi of Harvard University and Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan of the University of Maryland organized the meeting. These researchers' papers were presented and discussed:
* Ricardo J. Caballero and Alp Simsek, MIT and NBER, "A Model of Fickle Capital Flows and Retrenchment" (NBER Working Paper No. 22751)
* Silvia Miranda-Agrippino, Bank of England; and Helene Rey, London Business School and NBER, "U.S. Monetary Policy and the Global Financial Cycle" (NBER Working Paper No. 21722)
* Manuel Amador, University of Minnesota and NBER; Javier Bianchi, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis and NBER; Luigi Bocola, Northwestern University and NBER; and Fabrizio Perri, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, "Foreign Reserve Management"
* Ozge Akinci, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, and Albert Queralto Olive, Federal Reserve Board, "Balance Sheets, Exchange Rates, and International Monetary Spillovers"
* Tarek Alexander Hassan, Boston University and NBER; Thomas Mertens, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco; and Tony Zhang, University of Chicago, "Currency Manipulation" (NBER Working Paper No. 22790)
* Emine Boz, International Monetary Fund; Gita Gopinath, Harvard University and NBER; and Mikkel Plagborg-Moller, Princeton University, "Global Trade and the Dollar" (NBER Working Paper No. 23988)
* Olivier Jeanne, Johns Hopkins University and NBER, "Currency Wars, Trade Wars and Global Demand"
* Toni Ahnert and Christian Friedrich, Bank of Canada; Kristin Forbes, MIT and NBER; and Dennis Reinhardt, Bank of England, "Macroprudential FX Regulations: Shifting the Snowbanks of FX Vulnerability"
* Agnes Benassy-Quere and Pauline Wibaux, Paris School of Economics, and Matthieu Bussiere, Banque de France, "Trade and Currency Weapons"
* Stefan Avdjiev and Catherine Koch, Bank for International Settlements, and Hyun Song Shin, Bank for International Settlements and NBER, "Exchange Rates and the Transmission of Global Liquidity"
Summaries of these papers are at www.nber.org/confer/2018/CWsl8/summary.html
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Jun 1, 2018|
|Previous Article:||Erik Hurst Joins Macroeconomics Annual Editorial Team.|
|Next Article:||33rd Annual Conference on Macroeconomics.|