Cancer, Faith, and Unexpected Joy.
Cancer, Faith, and Unexpected Joy
Kregel Publications, Inc.
2450 Oak Industrial Drive N.E., Grand Rapids, MI 49505
9780825444746, $14.99, 176 pages
Finding Hope and Help in Seasons of Grief and Suffering
Becky Baudouin was devastated when she learned of an inoperable tumor on her mother's lung? Her fear triggered alarm, followed by apprehension and anxiety.
In her book "Cancer, Faith, and Unexpected Joy" Baudouin relates stories from her childhood, and expresses her fears and insecurities at home, in school, and in her relationships. She tells of how, as a teenager, she became a follower of Jesus and the impact this has made on her life.
A central theme of lessons learned from her mother is beautifully woven throughout the tapestry of the book. Each fast moving chapter is filled with faith building examples and scriptural promises.
Lessons I learned from reading "Cancer, Faith, and Unexpected Joy" include:
* A willingness to become vulnerable
* To respect the feelings of other family members
* God never intended for us to walk alone
* Our times are in God's hands
* To be joyful in hope and patient in affliction
* The peacefulness of our mutual faith drawing together in a unique closeness
* Accepting the process of death and the conflicting feelings of loss and agonizing dread, and the wonderful new life awaiting in heaven
"Cancer, Faith, and Unexpected Joy" is an important and meaningful resource for anyone experiencing suffering or facing the uncertainties and grief brought on by a terminal illness.
A complimentary copy of this book was provided for review purposes. The opinions expressed are my own.
Richard R. Blake
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Author:||Blake, Richard R.|
|Article Type:||Book review|
|Date:||Dec 1, 2017|
|Previous Article:||Choose Wisely, Live Fully: Lessons from Wisdom and Folly.|
|Next Article:||Curse of the Coloring Book: A Novel Inspired by a True Story.|