Printer Friendly

Can herbs help me get over painful break-up?; DR YVONNE CASEY'S COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINE.


I RECENTLY went through an unexpected break-up and am feeling nervous and panicky all the time. Is there anything to help?

nYOUR initial reaction is one of shock. Allow your emotions to catch up with events and consider taking the homeopathic remedy aconite to help calm your nerves. Take two 30c tablets every hour for the first six doses, then one tablet twice daily until you feel more settled. Aconite is available in most health shops and pharmacies.

MY doctor tells me I have an enlarged prostate and the worst aspect of it is I have to get up two to three times a night to go the bathroom. Is there anything I can do?

MANY men in your situation have benefited by taking Saw Palmetto Complex, which acts specifically on the prostate gland. Take 15 drops in a little water three times daily for at least two months. Also try to get more zinc from your diet, an important mineral when it comes to the prostate. One of the best sources is pumpkin seeds. Just a handful a day is enough. Saw Palmetto Complex is a Bioforce remedy widely available in health stores, as are pumpkin seeds.

I'VE suffered a lot of health problems for the past two years and lost a lot of weight. This has been fully investigated by my doctor, who puts it down to all I've been through. Could you recommend a diet to gain a few pounds? I am 75.

nWHAT you need is the right sort of food to build you up. As well as an abundance of vegetables, eat plenty of 'good' carbohydrates e.g. brown rice and potatoes. Also, eat lots of unsalted nuts and dried fruit, bananas, whole grains, wheatgerm and seeds. Remember to eat enough protein soya products are particularly good and there's a great range to choose from nowadays.

MY two-year-old grandson suffers terrible ear trouble. I look after him at the weekends and am so distraught as I don't know what to do to ease his pain. Antibiotics help for a while but he's too young to keep taking them. What else can we do?

nPOP five drops of Bioforce's Plantago onto a small piece of cotton wool and leave in his ears overnight. Repeat on a nightly basis for as long as need be. This remedy is widely available in health stores. IAM well past the menopause and wonder if I should be taking a calcium supplement. Some of my friends are urging me to take what they are on but I find the tablets hard to swallow and upset my tummy. Is there an alternative?

nWHAT you need is an easily absorbable form of calcium without the adverse side affects. Try Bioforce's Urticalcin five small tablets dissolved slowly under the tongue, twice daily, will meet your needs. Continue long term. You will find this in most health shops.
COPYRIGHT 2004 Scottish Daily Record & Sunday
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2004 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:Features
Publication:Sunday Mail (Glasgow, Scotland)
Date:Mar 14, 2004
Previous Article:Gareth Smith: Why are my hands always so cold?
Next Article:Gareth Smith: Will I be forced off my bike?

Related Articles
DR YVONNE CASEY'S COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINE: Help me to break my addiction to caffeine.
How can I stop my knees buckling?
Morning sickness is hell for daughter.
Thistle do nicely as cure for hangover.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2017 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters