Printer Friendly

Can't find vehicle allowance.

I am an RN in a public hospital and am often on call. I know I can claim for the use of my vehicle when called in, but what is the rate of the allowance and where is detailed?

The Public Health System Nurses' & Midwives' (State) Award at Clause 21, Car Allowance, stipulates that an allowance will be paid "... based on the rates prescribed by Item 6 of Table 1 of the Department of Premier and Cabinet Circular C2010-28 Review of Meal, Travelling and Other Allowances (as amended or replaced)!'

Circular C2010-28 has been replaced by Circular C2011-30, and Item 6 sets out two rates, a business rate and a casual rate (40% of the business rate). For a private motor vehicle maintained primarily for other than official business, the casual rate applies, which is as follows:

* Engine capacity 2601cc and over: 30.0 cents per km

* Engine capacity 1601-2600cc: 29.6 cents per km

* Engine capacity 1600 or less: 25.2 cents per km

These rates are mirrored in Ministry of Health Information Bulletin IB2009_049 Private Motor Vehicle Use on Official Business--Transport Rate. Policy Directive PD2009_016 Travel--Official sets out the precise requirements for the application of business and casual rates.

COPYRIGHT 2012 New South Wales Nurses Association
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2012 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:ASK JUDITH
Author:Kiejda, Judith
Publication:The Lamp
Article Type:Brief article
Geographic Code:8AUST
Date:Sep 1, 2012
Previous Article:It's time to scrub up!
Next Article:Signing away breaks.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2022 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters |