Camp out online.
The site is devoted to tents and their accessories. Whether you're in the market for a new tent or simply want to further your education, you owe it to yourself to visit Base Camp.
WHEN YOU NEED TO LEARN ABOUT TENTS ...
... THE BEST PLACE TO GO IS ONLINE!
HERE'S; A SAMPLE OF THE TOPICS, AND INFORMATION YOU'LL FIND ...
* A wide array of military standard tents, I including parts breakdowns with NSNs, price links, photos and drawings, and points of contact for more information.
* Techniques for setting up tents and for cleaning mold and mildew.
EHH, WHATCHA GONNA DO?
* Components of the tentage repair kit, including vinyl-coated polyester fabric for patching.
* A history of canvas.
* Tent lines, poles and pins. Tarpaulins and transportation and storage covers.
* A quick comparison chart of military tents. Contains NSNs, descriptions and intended uses, shipping weights and sizes. The chart also includes the number of soldiers the tent holds, as well as the number needed to erect or strike the tent and the time required.
* Brief descriptions on members of the family of space heaters (FOSH).
* The web site also notes the technical manuals that support each tent.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Tents ...; http:llct.dscp.dla.millctinfolbasecamp|
|Publication:||PS, the Preventive Maintenance Monthly|
|Article Type:||Brief Article|
|Date:||Jul 1, 2005|
|Previous Article:||Clobbering cable connections.|
|Next Article:||FM good, clean fun.|