Call for presentations.
April 12-15, 2006 * Hyatt Regency San Antonio on the Riverwalk San Antonio, Texas The Program Committee invites proposals for presentations at the 2006 ACEI Annual International Conference & Exhibition. Proposals are subject to blind peer review by two members of the appropriate ACEI committee and the committee chair. The number of papers that can be accepted is determined by available meeting space. The proposal's originality; its relationship to the Conference theme; and the clarity of its objectives, organization, and methods of presentation are factors considered. The Committee also seeks to achieve an appropriate distribution of age levels addressed. Deadlines Notification Concurrent Sessions May 1, 2005 Aug. 2005 Research Sessions June 1, 2005 Oct. 2005 Virtual Presentations Sept. 15, 2005 Dec. 2005 Global Sharing Fair Oct. 31, 2005 Nov. 2005 Hall of Excellence Jan. 1, 2006 Jan. 2006 Hall of Celebration Feb. 28, 2006 Mar. 2006 Only those proposals postmarked by the deadlines indicated will be considered.
Rules of Participation
1. No one may submit more than two proposals, either as a presenter or co-presenter of a session.
2. Persons whose proposals are accepted must participate at the time scheduled by the Program Committee.
3. ACEI strives to keep the meeting affordable for classroom teachers and prospective teachers. Therefore, all participants, including presenters, are required to register for the ACEI Conference. Presenters must preregister by October 1, 2005. Presenter registration is indication of your intent to participate.
4. ACEI does not underwrite the expenses of presenters.
5. If a presenter has a commercial product(s) or service to promote, this may be done by purchasing space in the Exhibit Hall. Presenters who have purchased space in the Exhibit Hall may mention their presence in the Exhibit Hall during their session, but may in no way make or solicit sales during the session. Contact the ACEI Conference Dept. for information about exhibiting.
General Submission Requirements
Only proposals adhering to the guidelines and postmarked or electronically date-stamped by the deadline for each category will be considered/reviewed. All categories of proposals must include the following:
1. One (1) copy of a cover sheet that includes: name, complete mailing address; daytime and home phone numbers; fax number; and E-mail address for each person presenting during the session. Also include Student Presenter Track on the cover if proposal is submitted by a student or first-year teacher. To ensure a "blind" review, this information must not be included any other place in the proposal. Information that in any way identifies the presenter(s) may not be included in the body of the proposal; this could disqualify the proposal from consideration. The Title of the proposed session must be included on the cover sheet. All proposals must also include a hard (paper) copy of the proposal with appropriately labeled sections containing the following information:
2. Title of proposed session.
3. A highlighted Main Thrust of the proposal (25 words or less), to be included in the Conference Program Book if your proposal is accepted.
4. Electronic submission of proposals is strongly encouraged. Attached files must be virus free in either Microsoft Word ver. 5.0-6.0 or ASCII/text-only format. Submit to Conference@ACEI.org. TWO (2) stamped, self-addressed envelopes per presenter (unstamped if presenter is outside the U.S.) must be sent to the address below via regular mail on the same day the proposal is submitted electronically.
5. For proposals submitted via regular mail: Enclose TWO (2) stamped, self-addressed envelopes per presenter (unstamped if presenter is outside the U.S.).
6. All proposals must be postmarked or electronically date-stamped no later than the deadlines indicated. All proposals (include name of proposal category) EXCEPT those for Virtual Presentations and those for the Hall of Celebration should be addressed to:
ACEI--2006 Conference 17904 Georgia Avenue, Ste. 215, Olney, MD USA 20832 301-570-2111; 301-570-2212 (fax); 800-423-3563 E-mail to: Conference@ACEI.org
Specific Submission Requirements
In addition to the items listed in the General Submission Requirements, all Concurrent Session proposals must contain the following:
1. Brief description (200-500 words maximum), typed and double-spaced, noting the purpose and scope of your presentation.
2. A highlighted Main Thrust of the proposal (25 words or less), including three (3) learning outcomes, to be included in the Conference Program Book if your proposal is accepted.
3. Audio/Visual Equipment needs. Presenters will be asked to share the expense for overhead and slide projectors, cassette and CD players, VCRs, and video display (LCD) equipment. More elaborate A/V needs will be provided entirely at the presenter's expense. Presenters must indicate and pay for A/V needs by the October 1, 2005, registration deadline.
4. Length of time. Regular presentations will run for 25 minutes (or multiples thereof). If necessary, indicate specific time or date needed to give your presentation. ACEI will try to accommodate such requests, but cannot guarantee specific placement.
5. Subject Area. Choose ONLY ONE category for review purposes: a) Infancy, b) Early Childhood 1--Preschool, c) Early Childhood 2--Kindergarten, d) Early Childhood 3--Primary Grades, e) Later Childhood, f) International/ Intercultural, g) Teacher Education (content is of interest to those involved in the education of future teachers).
In addition to the items listed in the General Submission Requirements, all Research Session proposals must include the following:
1. In addition to addressing the Conference theme and/or one of the subtopics, Research Proposals must also address at least one of the following Emphasis Areas: a) Middle-Level Education, b) Teacher Education (content is of interest to those involved in the education of future teachers), c) Action Research, d) International/Global Issues. This year, we encourage students to submit their research proposals to the committee. During the conference, a special session will be held for these student-initiated research presentations.
2. Description of the research, limited to three (3) single-spaced, typewritten pages, including:
a) Abstract--100-200 words maximum.
b) Research Question--Identify the research question(s) studied.
c) Rationale--Provide a rationale for the study and relate it to findings. Identify how previous findings suggest this study is important.
d) Methodology--Describe the approach and procedures used to answer the question. Describe the subjects.
e) Analysis--Describe how the data were analyzed.
f) Findings--Identify the findings.
g) Implications--Discuss the implications for future research and classroom practice or educational policy.
3. Specify a Preferred Format (Highlighted, Roundtables, Forum, or Poster), or leave that assignment to the discretion of the review committee.
Find out more about submitting research proposals by going to: http: //coefaculty.valdosta.edu/jrernest/acei.index.htm
In addition to the General Submission Requirements, all Virtual Presentation Proposals must include the following:
1. A Description of the Technologies involved in the presentation. Proposal must include information for any additional downloads participants would need to participate in the session, e.g., Adobe Acrobat Reader.
2. Subject Area (choose one most appropriate category for review purposes): a) Infancy, b) Early Childhood 1--Preschool, c) Early Childhood 2--Kindergarten, d) Early Childhood 3--Primary Grades, e) Later Childhood, f) International/Intercultural, g) Teacher Education (content is of interest to those involved in the education of future teachers).
3. All Virtual Presentation proposals are to be submitted to: ACEImc@aol.com. Notification of acceptance of Virtual Presentation proposals will be via E-mail. All Virtual Presentation presenters must be registered for the Conference to have their presentation available to Conference attendees.
Global Sharing Fair
Friday, April 14--Poster/Display Submissions
Hall of Excellence
Saturday, April 15--Poster/Display Submissions
Hall of Celebration
Saturday, April 15--Poster/Display Submissions) There are no items required in addition to those listed in the General Submission Requirements for Global Sharing Fair proposals, Hall of Excellence proposals, or Hall of Celebration proposals. The Hall of Excellence Guidelines also apply to Global Sharing Fair proposals and are available on-line at the ACEI Web site (www.ACEI.org) or upon request from the ACEI Conference Department. Call 800-423-3563 or 301- 570-2111; fax to 301-570-2212; or send an E-mail to ACEImc@aol.com. The Hall of Celebration presentations are intended exclusively to depict activities for Week of the Classroom Teacher celebrations.
Submit ONLY Hall of Celebration proposals to: Jana Pauldin Week of the Classroom Teacher 17904 Georgia Ave., Ste. 215, Olney, MD 20832
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Association for Childhood Education International; 2006 Conference|
|Date:||Mar 22, 2005|
|Previous Article:||Free speech therapy is a school benefit.|
|Next Article:||National Board Certified Teachers: an untapped resource for school improvement?|