Call for Nominations: From the Nominating Subcommittee.
At the 1 st House of Delegates during the 2019 Virtual Annual Session to be held on Oct. 19, 2019, there are five trustee positions and three officer positions accepting nominations. These officers will be installed immediately following the 2nd House of Delegates on Oct. 26, 2019. The positions currently accepting nominations are:
* Vice President
* 5th District Trustee (Representing: AL, FL, GA, MS, PR, VI)
* 7th District Trustee (Representing: MN, ND, SD, WI)
* 10th District Trustee (Representing: AK, ID, MT, OR, WA)
* 12th District Trustee (Representing: CA, GU, HI, NV)
* Student District Trustee
These positions have different duties and various eligibility requirements. The full list of duties of each position can be found in the ADAA Manual of Procedures on the ADAA website under "Members Only," "Manual of Procedures." This article will provide a brief descriptions of the duties and eligibility requirements for each position.
* Succeed to the office of President without further election at the next Annual Session of the American Dental Assistants Association.
* Assume the duties of President when the President is absent.
* Serve as a member of the Board of Trustees, Executive Committee, Contractual Review Committee and Council on Finance and attend all meetings.
* Serve as a Director on the Professional Dental Assistants Education Foundation.
The President and President-Elect must have served at least:
* two (2) years as an ADAA State District Trustee or ADAA elected officer; or
* at least three (3) of the past five (5) years as a member of an ADAA Council or Committee and one (1) full term year as president of a State Association.
* Serve as a member of the Board of Trustees, Executive Committee, and Council on Finance and attend all meetings. Serve as a Director of the Professional Dental Assistants Education Foundation.
* Record and prepare minutes of all Board of Trustees, Council on Finance, Executive Committee, Executive Session, and House of Delegates.
* The Secretary shall prepare electronic mail ballots at the President's direction. Ballots shall be transmitted to the Board of Trustees and completed ballots shall be returned to the Secretary by the established deadline date.
* Prepare the Board of Trustees Annual Report to the House of Delegates.
The Secretary shall have served as a member of an ADAA committee or council, and as an officer of a State Association.
* Assist the President as requested.
* Serve as a member of the Board of Trustees, Executive Committee and Council on Finance and attend all meetings.
* Attend all meetings of the House of Delegates.
* Serve as a Director of the Professional Dental Assistants Education Foundation Board.
The Vice President shall have served as a member of an ADAA committee or council, and as an officer of a State Association.
State District Trustees (5th, 7th, 10th, and 12th Districts in 2019)
* Communicate to members within the Trustee's district after each Board meeting to transmit Board actions and ADAA activities within 30-60 days.
* Conduct a caucus at the Annual Session to review, discuss and explain the issues which will be acted upon by the House of Delegates.
* Attend all meetings of the House of Delegates and district caucuses scheduled during the Annual Session.
* Perform the roles of advisor, coordinator and liaison for their district with the national organization.
* Be the district's conduit for communicating progress, activities, and concerns to the Board of Trustees.
* State District Trustees shall maintain contact with all state and local officers within the state trustee district and establish a relationship as well as offer trustee services.
* State District Trustees shall plan to attend major Regional Dental Meetings in their District and assist with the organization and staffing of the ADAA Membership Booth and any ADAA educational programs as requested by the ADAA President.
* A State District Trustee shall be a legal resident of a state within the district which he/she represents. A State District Trustee shall be a professional or life member and shall have served as a member of an ADAA committee or council or as an officer of a State Association.
* In the event no legal resident of the district comes forward to fill a vacancy in the office of State District Trustee, the Board of Trustees can appoint a qualified member from another district to serve as 'Trustee Pro-tern" until that State District Trustee can be appointed/elected.
Student District Trustee
* The Student Trustee shall establish and maintain contact with all SADAA Chapter Presidents and/or Advisors.
* Maintain and update records of all SADAA Chapters. This includes school, advisor and contact information of current SADAA President.
* Serve on the Council on Student Relations.
The Student Trustee shall be an ADAA member in good standing and has graduated from or who will graduate from a dental assisting program of at least 700 hours within 12 months of the application deadline date.
Even if you do not qualify for one of these positions, if you are interested PLEASE let ADAA know! We can advise you on the steps that need to be taken in order to serve in these capacities.
By Cathy Roberts, EFDA, MADAA, CDA-Emeritus, CDPMA-Emeritus, COA-Emeritus, CPFDA-Emeritus; Carol Walsh, CDA; Meagan Morton, CDA, EFDA, OMSA; and Associate Executive Director Jay Kasper
If you have any questions about nominations or volunteering with ADAA please contact Jay Kasper at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.adaausa.org/About-ADAA/Board-of-Trustees to download the nomination form. If you have any questions you would like to ask a trustee directly, their email addresses can be found on the page mentioned above by clicking on the individual's name.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Author:||Roberts, Cathy; Walsh, Carol; Morton, Meagan; Kasper, Jay|
|Publication:||The Dental Assistant|
|Date:||May 1, 2019|
|Previous Article:||2019 ADAA Honors Dental Assisting Scholars: ADAA awards Juliette A. Southard Scholarships, Merit Scholar Awards, and Student Achievement Award.|
|Next Article:||From the Archives: Our Day.|