Printer Friendly


Last year I had a new roof fitted and now have a fair few cracks internally where the wall meets the ceiling in various rooms. However it is worse above the staircase and in the sitting room. They are larger than hairline cracks, approx 2-3mm wide. What can I use to repair them? I would use plasterboard self adhesive joint tape. Stick this over the cracks, removing any loose dust as you go. Next, I would use an angle trowel and re-form the angles between the ceilings and walls with fast set plaster like British Gypsums Easy Fill joint cement, allowing for at least two coats and sand between coats.

COPYRIGHT 2018 Scottish Daily Record & Sunday
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2018 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:Features
Publication:Sunday Mail (Glasgow, Scotland)
Date:Apr 15, 2018
Previous Article:BORDER CONTROL; Carefully plan your collection of perennials to be rewarded with colourful display year after year.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2020 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters