Printer Friendly

CORPORATE NEWS IN BRIEF.

PHAPROS LAUNCHES THREE NEW TYPES OF DRUGS. PT Phapros has produced three new pharmaceutical products to achieve its sales target of Rp 200 billion this year. The three products are expected to increase its sales to Rp 750 million in the last quarter of this year. PT Phapros is a pharmaceutical producer using ginkgo biloba as an ingredient. The substance is advertized as a material used to strengthen the capability of users to remember and concentrate. The drugs have side effect causing headache, therefore, they are available only with medical prescription.

INDOFOOD BOOSTS EXPORTS TO MIDDLE EAST. Food producer PT Indofood Sukses Makmmur will increase exports of food products to Middle East. So far Middle East only accounted for 3 % of its total sales of 8 million packs of its instant noodle. The percentage will be raised to 5 %. The region is a potential market for instant noodle. Instant noodle is high in demand in that region. Indofood is considering launching promotion through intentive advertisement in Middle East or making direct investment in that region.

INDOFARMA TO CONTINUE DEVELOPING GENERIC DRUGS. PT Indo Farma will continue to maintain business in generic production although the state company plans to go public soon. Generic drugs account for 80% of its total production of medicines. The remaining 20% are made up of drugs manufactured under license, natural products and medicated food products. The company, however, plans to increase the portion of non generic drugs to 50 %.

BINI & RAJAWALI AGREE TO CHANGE BENTOEL MANAGEMENT. PT Bentoel International Investama (BIND and PT Rajawali Corp. have agreed to change the management of PT Bentoel Prima immediately. The agreement consists of four elements taken as the best solution for stake holders in optimizing the operation of the company. The first element is that the Bentoel group has big development potential, second, the management of BINI and Rajawali as the shareholders of Bentoel Prima agreed that there are many things that need to be improved, third that Bentoel could strengthen itself in the milling sector and fourth that to achieve the targets some changes are needed in the management.

BUKIT ASAM EYES FOUR COAL COMPANIES OF THE SALIM GROUP. PT Tambang Batubara Bukit Asam is interested in buying the shares of four coal companies of the Sa Jim Group under the Indocoal Gropup. The four companies are PT Indominco Mandiri, PT Kitadin, PT Trubaindo Coal Mining and PT Barasentosa Lestari. PT Indocomindo Mandiri and Kitadin are already operational producing 4.5 million tons of coal a year and the two other are still in the stage of explorations. The subsidiaries of Indocoal have a total reserve of 564 million tons over a total concession of 12,000 hectares in East Kalimantan and Sumatra.
COPYRIGHT 2001 P.T. Data Consult, Inc.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2001 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Indonesian Commercial Newsletter
Article Type:Brief Article
Geographic Code:9INDO
Date:Jan 16, 2001
Words:455
Previous Article:EXPORTS OF CEMENT INCREASED TO MAKE UP FOR LOW SALES ON THE DOMESTIC MARKET.
Next Article:PMDN AND PMA PROJECTS APPROVED IN FIRST AND SECOND WEEKS OF NOVEMBER, 2000.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2022 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters |