* Columbia Road Health Services, a faith. based health care center serving low-income people in Washington, D.C., seeks a clinical coordinator to supervise medical assistants and coordinate labs and OSHA compliance. Applicants must be an RN or have another health-related degree/supervisory experience. Contact Susan Wallin, Columbia Road Health Services, 1660 Columbia Road NW, Washington, DC 20009.
* The Center for Action and Contemplation, a nonprofit organization committed to the integration of social justice and prayer, is searching for a manager to join its staff in Albuquerque, N.M. Contact Kathleen O'Malley, (505) 242-9588; firstname.lastname@example.org.
* St. Paul Catholic Worker is seeking a single person or married couple to live in a community dedicated to welcoming immigrants from Latin America. The house has warm informal connections to its local Catholic parish and university. Contact Casa Guadalupana, (651) 298-9988; email@example.com.
* The ARC Center (Action, Reflection, Contemplation) north of Minneapolis, Minn., is seeking adult volunteers to join a residential ecumenical community providing hospitality for guests on retreat. Term of residence is at least one year and the community lifestyle puts emphasis on peace, justice, prayer, and simplicity. Contact (763) 689-3540; firstname.lastname@example.org.
RETREATS AND CONFERENCES
* Walker Center, a Boston-area ecumenical conference and resource center, and Witness for Peace are sponsoring "Breaking the Spiral of Violence" with theologian Walter Wink, October 27-28 in Newton, Mass. Contact the Walker Center, (617) 969-3919; email@example.com.
* Adult and youth sessions of "Encampment 2000--An Ecumenical Gathering on Inner Peace and Social Justice" will run concurrently between July 27-30 in Copake Falls, N.Y. The conferences will focus on contemplative dimension of the gospel in dialogue with its radical call to social action. Contact Maryann Schafer, (518) 325-3707; encampment firstname.lastname@example.org.
* "Film & Theology: Bringing Faith & Life Closer Together," a conference exploring cinema as a theological reflection and using film for faith development, will be held July 14-16 at St. Plus X Retreat House in Blackwood, N.J. Contact John Sanders, (856) 227-1436; staff@ stpius10th.org.
* IMAGE, a journal of arts and religion, is sponsoring the Glen Workshop for artists and writers with the theme, "The Work of the Body: Art and Incarnation." It takes place August 6-13 at St. John's College in Santa Fe, N.M. Contact (610) 925-4780; www.imagejournal.org.
* Shalem Institute is accepting applications for its "Spiritual Guidance Program," providing resources and support for those called to the ministry of offering one-to-one spiritual direction that respects the unique mystery of each person's walk with God. The next application deadline is October 1. Contact Sheila Noyes, (301) 897-7334; www.shalem.org.
* Sojourn, the multi-faith chaplaincy at San Francisco General Hospital, is sponsoring an intensive pastoral care program in hospital ministry from June 5-July 28. Participants will be trained in a ministry of presence to patients in an urban hospital setting. Contact Rev. Nancy G. Eswein, (415) 206-8500; fax (415) 206-5369.
The following individuals in prison request correspondence from people outside of prison: Gregory Smith, #P29527, C2209, 44750 60th St. West, Lancaster, CA 93536; Melvin Rice, #R128-956, A6-18 OSP, 878 Coitsville-Hubbard Road, Youngstown, OH 44505; Christopher Bradford, 82A-5885, Sing Sing Correctional Facility, 354 Hunter St., Ossining, NY 10562; Synnachia McQueen, #305897, T.D.C.J., Bill Clements Unit, 9601 SPZR-591, Amarillo, TX 79107-9606; William Sallee, #120-428, P.O.B. 549 MCIJ, Jessup, MD 20794; Michael Donley, #565384, Hughes Unit, Rt. 2, Box 4400, Gatesville, TX 76597; Robert Lee Hall, #B J-9810, SCI-Waynesburg, PA 15370-9941; Luis E. Colon, /1251504, Evans Correctional Institution, SMU-A-232, P.O. Box 29512-02, Bennettsville, SC 29512.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||employment opportunities, conferences|
|Article Type:||Brief Article|
|Date:||Jul 1, 2000|
|Next Article:||GOING TO THE CHAPEL.|