COLUBRIS NETWORKS POSTS RECORD REVENUES IN 2006.
"The company delivered record revenues in Q3 and Q4 and impressive year- over-year growth based on strong demand for our optimized WLAN switching system -- the only system that combines distributed intelligence with centralized control and management," said Chris Koeneman, co-president of Colubris Networks. "With 802.11n, voice mobility, guest access and other applications driving buying decisions in the WLAN market, more enterprise and service provider customers are choosing our optimized switching architecture because of its inherent scalability, high performance and support for quality of service."
Key milestones for Colubris Networks in 2006 included: - Record annual revenues and consecutive quarterly records in Q3 and Q4.
- Technology leader in service provider, hospitality and transportation verticals worldwide.
- 1,500 customers worldwide, including: Abbotsford School System, Coleman Powermate, Fort Wayne, Indiana, George Mason University, NTT, Sealy Corporation, Thayls International, Trapp Family Lodge and Wayne Memorial Hospital.
- Introduction of Colubris Advanced Partner Program (CAPP) and 89 new reseller agreements worldwide, including key distributor relationships in China with Antai-Sec; the Philippines with ComClark; Germany with Sysob; Canada with Alliance and the United Kingdom with Selcoms.
- Closed a $14 million round of funding targeted at accelerating the company's business development, sales and marketing, and channel growth.
- Appointment of several key sales and channel executives, and a new vice president of business development. Expansion into Korea with opening of a new regional sales office.
- Widespread industry analyst recognition that the Colubris solution anticipates and meets the emerging requirements for Wi-Fi in the enterprise.
- Received Best in Class 2006 Mobility Award from MobileTrax and Secure Computing Magazine's Recommended Product award.
- Continued product innovations, including the industry's first integrated Sensor/Access Point; a Wireless Client Bridge for legacy equipment; MultiService Controller 5100 for small to medium enterprises and branch offices; and a Visitor Management Tool for enterprise guest access applications.
In addition, Colubris has partnered with KeyTronic, a leading technology manufacturer, to produce the entire Colubris product family, including its MultiService Controllers and MultiService Access Points. By leveraging KeyTronic's 30 years of contract manufacturing experience and global facilities, Colubris will continue to deliver high quality, market leading products while dramatically scaling its business in 2007 and beyond.
Colubris Networks is the leading global provider of intelligent wireless networks (WLANs) for service providers and enterprises. Its optimized WLAN switching systems deliver unmatched bandwidth efficiency, seamless mobility and secure, easy access for more than 1,500 organizations and 40 million users worldwide. Its systems unify and integrate with existing network infrastructures, security and management systems and provide "future-proof" investment protection as standards evolve and user populations grow. Colubris' numerous recognitions include Red Herring's top 100 private companies in North America, Fierce Wireless Fierce 15 and MobileTrax Mobility Award.
For more information, visit http://www.colubris.com or call 781/547-0325.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||LAN Product News|
|Article Type:||Financial report|
|Date:||Mar 1, 2007|
|Previous Article:||ETON COLLEGE SELECTS EXTREME NETWORKS FOR NETWORK UPGRADE.|
|Next Article:||TRAPEZE USES VERIWAVE'S NEW 802.11N TESTING PLATFORM.|