To obtain CME credits, complete the test below, following these guidelines:
1. Read each article carefully.
2. Choose the most appropriate response to each of the following questions and record these on the registration form. Unanswered questions are considered incorrect.
3. Send the completed registration form and your payment (check, money order, VISA, MasterCard, American Express) to the Center for Continuing Education, University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC).
4. After your test has been graded, you will receive a receipt, a copy of the correct answers, and a credit statement certifying completion from the UNMC. Questions about the test should be addressed to UNMC Center for Continuing Education (402-559-4152).
Credit: The University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for Continuing Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for Continuing Education designates this educational activity for a maximum of 3 category 1 credits toward the AMA Physician's Recognition Award. Each physician should claim only those credits that he/she actually spent in the activity.
This CME activity was planned and produced in accordance with the ACCME Essentials.
1. According to a source cited by Hafner et al, of all pediatric head and neck tumors, what percentage are salivary neoplasms?
2. With which of the following statements regarding benign paroxysmal positional vertigo would Uneri disagree?
a. It is the most common cause of vertigo in adults.
b. It occurs more frequently in women than in men.
c. It often resolves spontaneously.
d. It only affects the posterior semicircular canal.
3. In the study conducted by Yildirim et al, which of the following bacteria were found most frequently in the sinuses of patients with chronic sinusitis?
a. Pseudomonas aeruginosa
b. Staphylococcus aureus
d. coagulase-negative staphylococci
4. Which of the following do Benning and colleagues state is the predominant symptom of amyloidosis in the glottic
5. According to Varghese et al, at which of the following sites can mucoceles be diagnosed by clinical examination and plain x-ray only?
a. frontal sinus
b. maxillary antra
c. sphenoid sinuses
6. Which of the following statements regarding Rosai-Dorfman disease is false, based on the article by Sennes et al?
a. It most often occurs in the first and second decades of life.
b. It occurs more often in men than in women.
c. Extranodal manifestation is observed in 28 to 53% of cases.
d. Its predominant clinical manifestation is tumoral cervical adenopathy.
7. Kirsch et al, in this month's Imaging Clinic, state that Lemierre's syndrome usually occurs after a nasopharyngeal infection accompanied by a persistently high fever.
True or False?
8. With which of the following statements regarding follicular dendritic cell sarcomas would Sahadevan et al disagree?
a. They are firm tumors that vary in shape, size, and color.
b. When they occur intraabdominally, they tend to be smaller than those occurring at other sites.
c. Most have more than one growth pattern.
d. They usually replace the nodal architecture completely.
9. According to a source cited by Sahadevan et al, what percentage of cases of follicular dendritic cell sarcoma present in young adults with lymphadenopathy?
10. What is the overall 5-year survival rate achieved with complete surgical excision of glomangiopericytomas, according to Thompson (Pathology Clinic)?
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||continuing medical education|
|Publication:||Ear, Nose and Throat Journal|
|Date:||Dec 1, 2004|
|Previous Article:||Follicular dendritic cell sarcoma of a cervical lymph node: case report and review of the literature.|
|Next Article:||Waterless hand sanitizer.|