Printer Friendly

CLEVELAND CLINIC FLORIDA ACCEPTING MEDICARE ASSIGNMENT

 CLEVELAND CLINIC FLORIDA ACCEPTING MEDICARE ASSIGNMENT
 FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., Jan. 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Beginning Jan. 1,


1992, Cleveland Clinic Florida and its 63 doctors are accepting Medicare assignment for all services recognized by Medicare Part B.
 "We are sensitive to the needs of our patients and are committed to providing affordable health care for them," says Carl C. Gill, M.D., Cleveland Clinic Florida's chief executive officer. "By accepting assignment, we can offer Medicare patients excellent specialty care at tremendous savings."
 By accepting assignment, CCFlorida agrees to accept as payment only what Medicare Part B sets as an "approved amount" for covered procedures. Medicare reimburses 80 percent of this amount, and patients pay the remaining 20 percent. Four out of five Medicare beneficiaries carry supplemental insurance to cover all or part of this expense.
 The plan also offers a welcome reduction in paperwork.
 "Accepting assignment will result in greater patient satisfaction, fewer billing complaints and much less paperwork for all of us," says Dr. Gill.
 -0- 1/2/92
 /CONTACT: Holly Strawbridge of Cleveland Clinic Florida, 305-978-5011/ CO: Cleveland Clinic Florida ST: Florida IN: HEA SU:


SS-AW -- FL007 -- 6224 01/02/92 14:56 EST
COPYRIGHT 1992 PR Newswire Association LLC
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1992 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:PR Newswire
Date:Jan 2, 1992
Words:194
Previous Article:NEW DRUG FOR ANGINA GAINS MARKET CLEARANCE
Next Article:NAME CHANGES FOR COAL COMPANY
Topics:


Related Articles
CLEVELAND CLINIC PALLIATIVE CARE SERVICE HONORED
CLEVELAND CLINIC AWARDED CANCER RESEARCH GRANTS
GENE THAT FIGHTS VIRAL INFECTION DISCOVERED
HHS ANNOUNCES FLU SHOT OUTREACH CAMPAIGN
Supplementary medical insurance benefit for physician and supplier services.
CLEVELAND CLINIC LISTED IN U.S. NEWS TOP TEN HOSPITALS
Medicare covers flu shots.
CLEVELAND CLINIC SEEKS HOSPICE VOLUNTEERS
CLEVELAND CLINIC FIRST IN CARDIAC CARE FOR SECOND CONSECUTIVE YEAR

Terms of use | Copyright © 2017 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters