CET update at the NOC.
Director of operations and commissioning at LOCSU, Katrina Venerus, told OT: "With the changes to CET fast approaching, it is critical that people find out what they need to be doing from January onwards. Don't forget to book your place at NOC 2012 to find out more."
Other speakers confirmed for the event, which is sponsored by Topcon, include:
* Ben Dyson CBE, director of policy, commissioning and primary care at the Department of Health, who has had a pivotal role in developing primary care strategy under two successive governments. His current role means that he is uniquely positioned to give an update on the latest commissioning reforms and what they mean for the development of local eye care services
* Richard Carswell, interim chief executive of the AOP, will present the latest information on what is in store for contractors and performers when the National Commissioning Board takes over the GOS contract in 2013
* Jim Barlow, optical lead, NHS Commissioning Board Implementation Programme, will outline the latest news on Local Professional Networks and the input expected from LOCs to make these a valuable tool in moving eye health up the agenda
* Dr Richard Oliver, joint clinical director at Sheffield NHS Clinical Commissioning Group, will provide expert analysis of the work that LOCs need to do to get more local eye care services commissioned
* Edna Robinson, managing director of the Clinical Commissioning Community Programme and national lead for NHS Networks will set out how to truly 'get connected' in the new NHS.
Book your place by visiting www. locsu.co.uk/communications/events/
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||NOC PREVIEW; Continuing Education and Training, National Optometric Conference|
|Article Type:||Brief article|
|Date:||Aug 17, 2012|
|Previous Article:||Lay business protection: AOP extends its professional defence and insurance cover to include lay practice owners.|
|Next Article:||Could we do better? In the second in OTS new series on clinical audit, optometrist Susan Parker reports on the Stockport ophthalmology referrals...|