1. The use of cytogenetics as a clinical tool began in the
2. The condition associated with an additional copy of chromosome 21 is
a. Turner syndrome.
c. Down syndrome.
3. The term describing the chromosomal profile of each cell is
4. Sections within a chromosome can be distinguished with techniques of
d. none of the above.
5. Development of the DNA double helix was a key step in linking chromosomes to a genetic code.
6. One of the methods for specific chromosome banding is
7. The microscopic study of cellular morphology is known as
8. The technique of disease diagnosis using DNA microarrays is performed as part of
d. blood banking.
9. DNA microarrays are a large collection of short probes of DNA.
10. Use of DNA chips allow for screening of the entire genome of an individual and requires multiple experiments.
11. The abbreviation SNPs stands for
a. single nucleus protons
b. sample nucleotide polymorphisms
c. single nucleotide polymorphisms
d. sample nucleus protons.
12. The method of comparing a patient genome with a normal reference sample is known as a CGH.
13. Screening of embryos for aneuploidies before they are transferred for implantation is known as
14. Diagnosis of cancer using microarrays includes detection of
c. copy number variations.
d. all of the above.
15. There is evidence that a number of cancer-related genes are haploinsufflcient.
16. Customized arrays have been developed to predict disease progression for
d. all the above.
17. The speed, ease and cost of clinical genetic testing will not be impacted by automation.
18. Molecular diagnostic testing has the potential to improve accuracy and reliability of clinical research.
19. Most hospital labs have the wide range of testing and bioinformatics needed to carry out sophisticated genetic testing.
20. Using the genetic basis for diagnosing cancer, one needs to have customized DNA arrays to identify aberrations important for predicting disease progression.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||continuing education|
|Publication:||Medical Laboratory Observer|
|Date:||Apr 1, 2012|
|Previous Article:||The impact of molecular techniques on cytology.|
|Next Article:||Best practices in phlebotomy: ... in an ACO environment.|