Printer Friendly

CASINO JOURNAL SIGNS LETIER OF INTENT TO ACQUIRE "POKER DIGEST".

Casino Journal Publishing Group (Las Vegas, NV) has signed a letter of intent to acquire a 60% interest in Poker Digest LLC (Las Vegas, NV). Poker Digest is the holding company for Poker Digest magazine and Classic Poker Cruises.

Poker Digest, launched in 1999, is a biweekly magazine focusing on the poker and card club niche market of the gaming industry. Casino Journal noted that card clubs, originally found only in Western states, have expanded as gambling has expanded across the country and that poker rooms are in virtually every casino market in the country. Classic Poker Cruises books poker players on cruises around the world.

Under terms of the deal, Casino Journal will issue 301,500 restricted common shares to the members of Poker Digest LLC in exchange for the 60% interest in the company. The remaining 40% is expected to be held by the founders of the company. Poker Digest had 1999 revenue of about $900,000. Casino Journal said the acquired assets will increase its revenue by "at least" 10% on an annual basis over 1999. Casino Journal publishes Casino Journal, industry newsletters The National Gaming Summary, and Gaming Industry Weekly, and the Daily Lodging Report and Daily Lodging Report-Asia Pacific, e-mail newsletters targeting gaming and lodging executives.
COPYRIGHT 2000 JK Publishing, Inc
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2000, Gale Group. All rights reserved. Gale Group is a Thomson Corporation Company.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Comment:CASINO JOURNAL SIGNS LETIER OF INTENT TO ACQUIRE "POKER DIGEST".
Publication:Business Publisher
Article Type:Brief Article
Geographic Code:1USA
Date:May 31, 2000
Words:211
Previous Article:Admedia Partners.
Next Article:"MAXIMUM LINUX" & BUSINESS LIFESTYLE MAG FROM IMAGINE MEDIA.
Topics:


Related Articles
GEM COMM. BUYS TRADE PUBLISHING ASSETS OF CASINO JOURNAL PUBLISHING.
INDIAN CASINOS RETURN TO COURT : JUDGE WILL BE ASKED TO SHUT DOWN GAMES.
Major trade and professional publication, online & related business information acquistions, second quarter 2002.
Let tribes build casino.
Ascend Media reaches agreement to acquire Medical World Communications.
Hautman, Pete. No Limit.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters