Business, Cost Estimating and Financial Management (BCEFM) Special Interest Area.
* Cost Analysis -- Requirements for acquisition program cost estimates; estimating methodologies; learning curve; links to the Service cost analysis agencies.
* Defense Industry Business Management -- financial management from the perspective of the defense contractor; evaluating a company's financial condition; business strategies.
* Financial Management -- financial management from the government perspective, which includes topics on budget formulation (building a budget), budget enactment, and budget execution.
* Budget Policy -- DoD budgeting policies (full, incremental, annual, etc); link to the DoD Financial Management Regulation; other useful links; budgeting implications of contract types; working capital funds.
* PPBE -- The Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) System; Structure of the Future Years Defense Program (FYDP); budget exhibits.
* Budget Enactment -- Congressional budget enactment process; DoD acquisition program oversight report requirements; links to recent legislation affecting DoD; links to sites covering congressional activity.
* Budget Execution -- Apportionment of funds; execution process; fiscal law; reprogramming; obligation and expenditure plans; useful links.
* Earned Value Management -- Theory and application of Earned Value Management.
In addition to finding information about various BCEFM topics, the SIA also contains information and links about upcoming conferences and events, and links to online learning materials, policy updates, and related Web sites.
If you are not currently a member of the ACC but are interested in joining the BCEFM community, please go to <http://acc.dau.mil/> and click "Join Now" on the right side of the home page. In the "Request Comment" link on the left side of the application screen, indicate your interest in being a part of the new BCEFM community. Also, the community is still looking for expert editors to be a part of the community. If you are interested in contributing, please contact the BCEFM community editor, John Jansen at: email@example.com.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||AT & L Knowledge Sharing Update; Acquisition Technology and Logistics|
|Publication:||Defense AT & L|
|Date:||Jul 1, 2004|
|Previous Article:||Performance-Based Services Acquisition (PBSA) update.|
|Next Article:||Production quality manufacturing Special Interest Area.|