Brits waste 395m pounds buying 'useless essentials' at airports.
According to the study conducted by Virgin Atlantic, 90 percent of passengers embark on panic buying, picking up an average of 12 items in the departure lounge.
"We all know the horrible feeling that, at the last minute, you don't have everything you need," the Daily Express quoted airline's Janine Doy as saying.
The study also enlisted the top 10 purchases made by flight boarders.
1. books and magazines (32 percent)
2. bottled water and soft drinks (28 percent)
3. snacks (14 percent)
4. gadgets for children (7 percent)
5. ear plugs (3 percent)
6. flight socks (3 percent)
7. toiletries (3 percent)
8. gadgets for adults (2 percent)
9. pillows (1 percent)
10. back support cushions (1 percent) ( ANI )
Copyright 2012 aninews.in All rights reserved.
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company