Brain Factory and Eisai Conclude License Agreement for Ravuconazole Prodrug.
Ravuconazole, the active ingredient in the prodrug, is an antifungal agent that was originally discovered and developed by Eisai. The compound covered under this agreement has improved solubility and bioavailability after converted to a dihydrogen phosphonoxy methoxy derivative modified prodrug.
With the signing of this agreement, Brain Factory plans to move forward with the development of the compound, including seeking collaboration with outside partners, as a treatment for fungal infections with a particular focus on onychomycosis (fungal infection of the nail). While oral medication is commonly used for treating onychomycosis, there is a need for a new treatment option as the disease is difficult to cure and many patients experience recurrence.
Brain Factory specializes in licensing compounds with great commercialization potential and developing them by the company's expert team to create various treatments of diseases with high medical needs. In line with this corporate vision, the company will accelerate the development of ravuconazole prodrug.
Brain Factory and Eisai will work in close cooperation to bring a new treatment option to market as early as possible in an effort to address the unmet medical needs of people suffering from fungal infections.
About Ravuconazole and Ravuconazole Prodrug
The compound on the left is ravuconazole; the compound on the right is the dihydrogen phosphonoxy methoxy derived ravuconazole prodrug which has improved solubility and bioavailability.
About Brain Factory Co., Ltd.
1. Corporate Profile
- Corporate Address: 8-7-10-404 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo
- Date of Establishment: June 17, 2004
- Capital: 15,600,000 yen
- Main Businesses: In-licensing, development, and consulting of new drugs, etc.
- President: Atsushi Kanazawa
2. Corporate Vision
- To utilize company's experts and networks to discover new possibilities, in-license, and expedite the development of pharmaceutical compounds for which development is a low priority or slow to progress despite market needs and their high commercialization potential.
- To make contributions to resolving the drug lag in Japan by developing drug products for which affiliated academic societies and other organizations deem there is a significant need.
- To burden the development risk and develop profit structure through partnering with other organizations on already developed and approved drug products.
Eisai Co., Ltd. (TSE: 4523; ADR: ESALY) is a research-based human health care (hhc) company that discovers, develops and markets products throughout the world. Eisai focuses its efforts in three therapeutic areas: integrative neuroscience, including neurology and psychiatric medicines; integrative oncology, which encompasses oncotherapy and supportive-care treatments; and vascular/immunological reaction. Through a global network of research facilities, manufacturing sites and marketing subsidiaries, Eisai actively participates in all aspects of the worldwide healthcare system. For more information about Eisai Co., Ltd., please visit www.eisai.co.jp/index-e.html
Public Relations Department Eisai Co., Ltd. TEL: +81-3-3817-5120 Brain Factory Co., Ltd. TEL: +81-3-3405-5336
Copyright 2010 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Sep 30, 2010|
|Previous Article:||MHI Commences Mitsubishi Regional Jet Manufacturing.|
|Next Article:||'Prius Plug-in Hybrid' Official Car of Tokyo Int'l Film Festival.|