Boy dies in house blaze.
Firefighters were called to the house in Marlow Road, Ipswich, shortly before 1.30am.
More than 20 firefighters tackled the blaze but the boy was declared dead at the scene.
Suffolk Police, who are investigating the incident jointly with the fire service, said it appeared the fire was started by an electric fire in the boy's first-floor bedroom.
His eight-year-old brother and 14-year-old uncle, who were also in the bedroom, were rescued and remained under observation in hospital, a police spokesman said.
He added: "It appears initially that the cause was an electric fire."
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||South Wales Echo (Cardiff, Wales)|
|Date:||Jan 3, 2002|
|Previous Article:||Strike has crippled rail service.|
|Next Article:||Fairweather-Low at Clapton wedding.|