Boss' Day Quotes 2018.
Oct. 16 is celebrated as National Boss' Day, which is an unofficial holiday celebrated showing appreciation to bosses. The National Boss' Day, also known as World Boss Day, was initiated by Patricia Bays Haroski, an employee at State Farm Insurance Company in Deerfield, Illinois.
Haroski had selected Oct. 16 as it was her father's birthday. She started the day to express gratitude toward her boss. On this day, share the following sayings and greetings, courtesy Wise Old Sayings, Brainy Quotes, and The Epoch Times, with your bosses.
1) "The best leader is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants to be done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it." - Theodore Roosevelt
2) "By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be the boss and work twelve hours a day." - Robert Frost
3) "Don't blame the boss. He has enough problems." - Donald Rumsfeld
4) "The speed of the boss is the speed of the team." - Lee Iacocca
5) "If you tell the boss you were late for work because you had a flat tire, the next morning you will have a flat tire." - Cannon's Law
6) "People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. The leader leads, and the boss drives." - Theodore Roosevelt
7) "The person who knows how will always have a job. The person who knows why will always be his boss." - Alanis Morissette
8) "Whenever the boss has 'fun' activities, there's got to be a parable or a lesson. Employees feel like they're supposed to be taking notes." - Greg Daniels
9) "The key to being a good manager is keeping the people who hate me away from those who are still undecided." - Casey Stengel
10) "Leadership is not about a title or a designation. It's about impact, influence and inspiration. Impact involves getting results, influence is about spreading the passion you have for your work, and you have to inspire team-mates and customers." - Robin Sharma
11) "A good leader takes a little more than his share of the blame, a little less than his share of the credit." - Arnold H. Glasow
12) "A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way." 6 John C. Maxwell
13) "The best teacher is the one who suggests rather than dogmatizes, and inspires his listener with the wish to teach himself." -- Edward Bulwer-Lytton (Poet)
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||International Business Times - US ed.|
|Date:||Oct 16, 2018|
|Previous Article:||Ryanair Denies Claims That Airline Crew Slept On Airport Floor.|
|Next Article:||Meghan Markle, Harry's Royal Baby Could Look Like This, Describes Expert.|