Borland Launches World Wide Web Site; Real-Time Virtual Launch of Delphi Kicks Off Borland Online.
As part of the introduction of the WWW site, Borland Online will feature a real-time, virtual launch of Borland's new visual development tool, Delphi. The WWW event will occur simultaneously with the official unveiling of Delphi Tuesday, February 14, at the Software Development 95 trade show in San Francisco.
"Borland's World Wide Web site is the first evidence of our strategy to leverage the efficiency of electronic communication to provide developers with all the information they need to get every ounce of performance from our software tools," said David Watkins, vice president of Marketing and Support, Borland International. "Borland Online's content and services will evolve as we continue to enhance the electronic information resources available to our customers. Over time, these services will be delivered on other networks and on other mediums where our developers look for information.
"The virtual launch of Delphi on Borland Online will provide an opportunity for our customers who cannot attend the event in San Francisco to plug into the launch activities," added Watkins.
The launch event on Borland Online will feature all available text information on Delphi, up-to-the-minute information on other Delphi launch events around the world, Delphi user group listings, a catalogue of third-party tools and training resources, and information on how to purchase Delphi. Developers logging on to Borland Online will also have an opportunity to register for a chance to win a copy of Delphi, subscribe to a Delphi list server, and request additional services and information.
Borland Online extends Borland's presence on the Internet. Borland also has an Internet FTP (File Transfer Protocol) site which has given customers the ability to access product information, sample code, template files, utilities and the latest technical information for the past year. Borland Online includes links to the FTP site.
"Since we initiated the FTP site last year, we have seen steady growth in its use," said Watkins. "With more and more online services providing access to the Internet World Wide Web, the expansion of our services opens the door to millions of additional customers."
Borland Online Services
Borland Online provides Borland's customers access to a variety of corporate and product information:
- Latest News: Customers can access up-to-date product and WWW news, including Borland press releases.
- Company Information: This section of Borland Online features general corporate information, including company background, financial materials, strategic direction, strategic partners, and even job availability.
- Technical Information: Customers can access the latest technical support information via a link to the Borland FTP site. The FTP site contains much of the information available on Borland's KnowledgeBase CD, including technical notes, sample code, template files, and utilities.
- Product Information: This section includes detailed information such as fact sheets, white papers and other documents about all Borland Products. The information is arranged into levels so developers can locate materials appropriate to their interest and expertise.
- Programs and services: By accessing this section of Borland Online, customers can learn about current Borland events worldwide, technical support programs, developer programs, corporate and government programs, educational institution programs, training programs, books about Borland products, as well as other services.
- Feedback: Customers who want to provide feedback about Borland's products and services or interact with other users can access this section of Borland Online. The section includes "Letters to the Editor," a listing of services, as well as discussion groups.
- The Files: A place to hang out. A non-linear environment for discovering new information.
Borland Online was designed and implemented by vivid studios in San Francisco. For more information on Borland Online, customers can contact Cindy Martin at email@example.com.
Borland International Inc. (NASDAQ:BORL) is a leading provider of products and services targeted to software developers. Borland is distinguished for its high-quality software development tools, which include Borland C++, dBASE, Paradox and Borland Pascal. Borland's award-winning products are supported through comprehensive programs for small- and large-sized software developers, corporate developers, value added resellers and systems integrators. Founded in 1983, Borland is headquartered in Scotts Valley, California.
CONTACT: Borland International Inc.
Steve Grady, 408/431-1621
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Feb 10, 1995|
|Previous Article:||Tripos Inc. announces fourth quarter and fiscal year end earnings.|
|Next Article:||Surgical Technologies Inc. announces results for its third quarter.|