Printer Friendly

Boiler fire hits kitchen.

A FAULT FAUL Y boiler set a kitchen ablaze when it caught re at a house in Mireld yesterday.

Two boys aged 17-years-old T escaped unharmed as the detached property in Lodge Drive was engulfed in smoke.

Fireghters from Dewsbury arrived in two engines and used breathing apparatus to tackle the re, following a call from the pair at 2.50pm.

ey spent over one hour and a half putting out the blaze, which caused serious re and smoke damage to the kitchen and smoke damage to the rest of the house.

No other properties were aected by the incident.

Dewsbury Fire Station watch commander, Tim Pallister, said that smoke alarms had been installed in the property and that the incident had occurred whilst the boys' parents were on holiday.

He said: "Luckily the two occupants of the house were in the garden when they noticed there so escaped without any injury.

"It was an unfortunate incident but we managed to contain and extinguish the PSames."
COPYRIGHT 2014 MGN Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2014 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Huddersfield Daily Examiner (Huddersfield, England)
Date:May 27, 2014
Words:166
Previous Article:Deaths.
Next Article:Erika's gift of sound and vision.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2020 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters