These tie-dyed bends make a groovy gift. Is your bud more Blair than Serena? Use floral fabric instead. Instantly girly!
MATERIALS 1/4 yard cotton fabric * 1/2-inch-wide headbands * Glue gun * Fabric scissors * Tacky glue
1. Cut the fabric into 1-inch stripe (you should only need a 1- to 2-foot strip for each headband you are making).
2. Glue the start of the fabric ribbon on the inside of the headband, at one of the ends.
3. Wrap the fabric around the band, overlapping a little each time you wrap.
4. When you set to the end, tuck the fabric under and glue it down. Cut off the remainder.
5. To make the bow, cut a 2-inch by 7-inch piece of matching fabric. Fold the rectangle into a loop and secure with tacky glue. Let it dry completely.
6. Cut a 1-inch square piece of fabric.
7. Lay the loop fiat and pinch it in the middle. Wrap the small square around it and secure with tacky glue. Let dry.
8. Attach the bow to the side of the headband with the glue gun.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Get crafty! GL's SUPER-EASY SECRETS TO MAKING AWESOME DIY GIFTS FOR YOUR WHOLE LIST|
|Date:||Dec 1, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Buttons 'n' blooms tote.|
|Next Article:||Sassy votive set.|