Printer Friendly

Blaze rescue drama.

A fire in an electrical fuse box left two youngsters trapped in an upstairs room.

Fire crews rescued the two girls from a house on Redcar Road in Thornaby Village on Saturday at about 5pm.

The electrical fire had filled the house with smoke and crews helped the girls escape via a ladder from the first floor of the property.

One neighbour said: "There were quite a lot of people gathered round at first. Somebody was trying to break down the front door.

"Then two fire engines came and an ambulance. The two girls had to be rescued. One of them is only about 10 years old."

No-one was at the house today.
COPYRIGHT 2007 MGN Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2007 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:News Local
Publication:Evening Gazette (Middlesbrough, England)
Date:Mar 12, 2007
Words:113
Previous Article:Ride on!
Next Article:Corner shop hit by arson.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2018 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters