Blaze children 'putting lives in danger'.
The warning follows a blaze early today at a flat above a disused takeaway restaurant in Carter Road, Stoke Aldermoor.
A neighbour in an adjoining flat was woken by sounds from the old Balti House takeaway shortly after midnight. When he got up to call police he saw smoke seeping into his home through a wall and alerted fire crews.
Firefighters arrived to find flames shooting from a first-floor window. They used a hose to limit the fire before going in to check there was no-one inside.
It is thought that young vandals started the fire by setting light to a bed.
Sub-officer Steve Taylor, of Foleshill fire station, said: "There's a good chance this was started by kids. They are putting themselves in danger by setting these fires. One day a place like this will go up in flames with a child still inside it."
Firefighters have been called to deal with several similar fires in the city during recent months.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Coventry Evening Telegraph (England)|
|Date:||Mar 6, 2001|
|Previous Article:||Pupils sing to help fund.|
|Next Article:||the film star and the fast car; LEGEND OF THE E-TYPE.|