Printer Friendly

Blaze bedsit branded 'a death trap'.

A COUNCIL bedsit has been branded a "death trap" after a blaze.

Fran Connell had to fight his way through the flames and escape by the front door of his southside Dublin home.

He said he should have been able to get out of a back window in the Davitt's flat complex, Galtymore Road, Drimnagh, but that he's never been able to open it.

Mr Connell, who was treated for smoke inhalation, claimed: "The window has always been jammed. There is only the one way out - so it's a death trap."

A council spokesman said the windows met all legal requirements and that no complaint had been received.
COPYRIGHT 2006 MGN LTD
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2006 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:Features
Publication:The People (London, England)
Date:Aug 6, 2006
Words:108
Previous Article:TRAGIC MUSHROOMS; EXCLUSIVE There's nothing magic about mind-bending.. Irish movie maker slams delay in drug ban.
Next Article:SHOWBLITZ: Snow Patrol's in the jet-set.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2021 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters |