Black magic mani.
The season's most wicked tips are dark, daring and dotted. Black-on-black feels fresh with a smattering of chic, shiny studs atop a matte base. GL's go-to nail guru, Hannah Lee, makes mastering this spotted mania snap with these easy how-tos....
China Glaze Ridge Filler, $5, discountbeautycenter.com. Maybelline New York Color Show Nail Lacquer in Onyx Rush, $4, drugstores. OPI Matte Top Coat, $9, ulta.com.
To rock it like Hannah, check out youtube.com/HannahRoxNails for awesome nail art inspo in super easy DIY vide.
Hannah demos this cinchy mani just for GL! Snag the vid at girlslife.com/iti.
Introducing the so-not-scary nail-art: Trick out your tips with simple studs.
1. Start with clean, filed and buffed nails. For the total nail prep how-to, visit girlslife.com/iti.
2. Swipe on a base coat to prevent air bubbles and chipping, or smooth out uneven nail beds with a ridge filler.
3. Paint on a coat of inky polish and dry for two minutes. Repeat, then let dry for another five minutes.
4. Apply matte topcoat, and (you guessed it ...) let dry. Carefully mop up any polish mistakes with remover.
5. Dip a toothpick into clear top coat, then dab on spots. Space 'em out--they'll set bigger with each layer.
6. Wait 'til the dots are dry, then repeat step 5 a couple more times to create perfect raised dots. What a stud!