Printer Friendly

Bizarre muscle cream death.

A TEENAGE athlete has died after using too much muscle cream.

Arielle Newman, a 17 year-old cross-country runner from New York died after her body absorbed high levels of methyl salicylate, an antiinflammatory drug found in sports creams designed to sooth aching muscles.

"She either lathered herself with it, or used way too much," said Dr Ronald Grelsamer, of Mount Sinai Medical Centre. "An abnormal percentage was absorbed into her body."

Her mother, Alice Newman, said she could not believe her daughter's death was caused by a sports cream.

"I am scrupulous about my children's health," she said.
COPYRIGHT 2007 Birmingham Post & Mail Ltd
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2007 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Sunday Mercury (Birmingham, England)
Date:Jun 10, 2007
Words:98
Previous Article:Charity is only way I can stop collapsing with grief; TREASURED PICTURES OF MUM AND DAUGHTER KILLED BY ELEPHANT.
Next Article:PARIS HILTON ON SUICIDE WATCH IN JAIL.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters