Better bungalow. (Hot Sellers).
Courtyard Bungalow at Highland Lake, Flat Rock, N.C.
WHY IT WORKED: Craftsman charm and livable community plan brought buyers to North Carolina's mountain region.
* Community-oriented master plan includes resort retreat center and organic working farm.
* Designed to appeal to second-home buyers and empty-nesters.
* Zero lot line designs with side court and rear loading garages place a strong emphasis on outdoor views, deck, patios, and side verandahs.
* The formal living room, dining room, and sunroom have direct access to views of the courtyard and deck.
* Master suites in the rear ensure privacy when guests are visiting.
RELATED ARTICLE: PROJECT CREDITS
Project: Courtyard Bungalow at Highland Lake, flat Rock, NC.
Sales started: September 2000
Sales through March 2002: 42 (all 42 of phase one sold out in 10 weeks; phase two not open yet)
Units planned: 220
Price: $150,000 to $330,000
Unit size: 2,053 square feet
Developer: Highland Lake Co., Hendersonville, N.C.
Builder: KCB Construction, Asheville, N.C.
Marketing/Sales: The Collins Co., Mufreesboro, Tenn.
Architect: Bloodgood Sharp Buster, West Des Moines, Iowa
Interior designer: Harietta Deaton, Greenoville, Tenn.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||features of homes|
|Author:||Evans, R.E. Blake|
|Article Type:||Brief Article|
|Date:||May 1, 2002|
|Previous Article:||Italian art. (Hot Sellers).|
|Next Article:||Double take: things are not always as they appear in the quaint world of the TND. There's room for innovation as the precious makes way for the...|