Bar designates Lexis Publishing as its preferred research provider.
The Bar and Lexis Publishing will collaborate to provide member discounts for Lexis Publishing products and services.
"Since 1996, Lexis Publishing has provided support for our continuing legal education programs, annual meetings, technology initiatives, pro bono programs and special events and projects," said Mike Tartaglia, the Bar's coordinator for Membership Benefits. "The full power of Lexis Publishing's leading legal brands brings access, content and technology advantages that are of a real benefit to our members."
Brenda Castello, national manager of Lexis Publishing's association marketing program, said her company salutes the Bar for service to its members.
"Historically, our relationship was formed to offer a member benefit to solo practitioners and small law firms," Castello said. "We have expanded this relationship to support the Bar overall. We believe in listening to the needs of the Bar and its members and delivering legal research tools and other support in response to those needs."
Lexis Publishing consists of five information brands:
* Lexis-Nexis, for on-line legal research.
* Shepards, the citation service.
* Matthew Bender, treaties and authoritative analysis such as Colliers on Bankruptcy, Moor's Federal Practice and Nimmer on Copyright.
* Martindale-Hubbell, the 130-year-old legal reference source. Its flagship product is the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory.
* Michie, for indexed and annotated statutes.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Florida Bar News|
|Article Type:||Brief Article|
|Date:||Jan 15, 2000|
|Previous Article:||Jury consultants work best when brought in early.|
|Next Article:||On the Move.|