Bandanna Energy Limited (ASX:BND) Quarterly Activities Report.
Key activities for the Reporting Period, with the strategic objective of bringing the underground Springsure Creek coal project into production in the second half of 2014, include:
- finalisation of agreements with Acacia Coal Limited (ASX: AJC) for the development and operation of the Triumph Creek train loadout infrastructure
- acceptance of a senior secured debt facility with Credit Suisse for $67.3 million
- completion of consultants' input into the definitive feasibility study
- a significant JORC compliant Resource upgrade including a maiden Measured Resource
- preparation for submission of a replacement mining lease application over part of EPC 891
- continued development of Bandanna's agriculture strategy, with respected agricultural science input, to further improve surface level agriculture production in co-existence with underground coal mining at Springsure Creek
- committing investment to increasing agricultural production through improved irrigation infrastructure at Springsure Creek as part of the co-existence strategy,
together with release of the Company's Financial Reports and Annual Report for the year ended 30 June 2012 and preparation for the Company's Annual General Meeting to be held on 15 November 2012.
The Company notes that during the Reporting Period, there was significant decline in current thermal coal prices. Notwithstanding this decline, Bandanna notes that Wood Mackenzie, one of the world's leading commodity analysts, predicts significant demand growth for the period from 2015 to 2030, leading to increased thermal coal prices in the long term.
Bandanna shares this view of long-term demand and, as outlined in the Company's 2012 Annual Report, remains fully committed to progressing development of the Springsure Creek Project for first coal production in the second half of 2014. First production will coincide with the completion of Stage 1 of the Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal (WICET).
To view the full quarterly report, please visit:
About Bandanna Energy Limited:
Bandanna Energy Limited (ASX:BND) holds 11 Exploration Permits for Coal (EPC's) with applications for a further five (EPCA's), in the Bowen and Galilee Basins in Queensland. In addition the Company has conventional oil and gas exploration interests in the Cooper Basin of South Australia and Queensland and mineral exploration licences, primarily for oil shale in Queensland. Formerly known as Enterprise Energy Limited, in early October 2008 the Company completed a transaction involving the acquisition of the issued capital of Bandanna Coal Pty Ltd, a capital raising and a 1 for 10 share consolidation. The name change to Bandanna Energy Limited reflected the future emphasis on coal, the Bandanna Formation being a well known coal bearing geological unit within the Bowen Basin.
Copyright 2012 ABN Newswire
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Nov 1, 2012|
|Previous Article:||AusTex Oil Limited (ASX:AOK) Quarterly Activities and Cashflow Report.|
|Next Article:||Northern Mining Limited (ASX:NMI) Quarterly Operations Report.|