Bandai America Launches its Celebration of the Power Rangers Toy Line's 15th Anniversary at Toy Fair 2007.
CYPRESS, Calif. -- To commemorate the 15th anniversary of the Power Rangers toy line as one of the top boys' action figure properties in the industry, Bandai America Incorporated is celebrating this key milestone with exclusive retail products and events - targeting both the young fans of today and the adults who grew up with the brand since its debut. To kick off the festivities, Bandai America recently launched a versatile new toy line to support Power Rangers Operation Overdrive, an exciting treasure hunting themed series that offers collectible action figures, vehicles, Megazords, role-play and more. Incorporating greater play value than ever before, kids are sure to be thrilled with the fresh products that take the lineup to an entirely new dimension, including Morphers with a black light feature and the Mega Mission Helmet, which features online interactivity via a USB drive.
"For the past 14 years, Bandai America has continually set the standard in the boys' action figure category with Power Rangers toys, and yet we've broken through in 2007 to offer even more play value, innovation and interactivity," said Michael Riley, vice president of marketing. "Celebrating 15 years of Power Rangers will be a tremendous milestone for everyone, no matter the age, with our special activities."
In the latest iteration of the Power Rangers' story, evil forces have discovered the fabled "Crown Aurora," which is said to give unstoppable power to anyone who reunites the crown with its missing jewels. To stop evil from taking over the world, five brave teens will set out on an exciting global treasure hunt to track down these magnificent jewels. The quest will be filled with action, adventure, mind-crunching puzzles and spectacular battles.
Power Rangers Operation Overdrive is set to air 57 times a week beginning February 24th on Toon Disney's JETIX action/adventure block and on ABC Kids. This perpetually popular boys' franchise from The Walt Disney Co. continues to be a major success due to the yearly refresh of themes, great action sequences and good over evil premise. Much of its popularity can also be attributed to Bandai America and Disney creating a seamless brand story that translates from the television series to retail, enabling kids to play out the adventures as their favorite Power Ranger hero in their own homes.
Bandai America's Spring Operation Overdrive lineup debuted in January at all major retailers nationwide. Beginning in July, the Fall line will feature:
* 5" Action Figures. The #1 selling product category offers a total of seven different versions in 2007 with various play features such as sounds, lights, battle gear and transforming action. The Fall lineup includes the Mission Response figures, which speak multiple phrases, as well as have a special chip that interacts with the Mission Response Vehicle Playset to activate even more sounds.
* Vehicles. From the transforming DriveMax Cycles to the all-terrain Transtek Armor Machines, which also transform into a Zord, vehicles remain key in the lineup. Additionally, the Mini Vehicle Sets feature collectible vehicles that can be combined to form a Megazord. Combine multiple versions across your collection to form an even larger Megazord.
* Megazords. The new Triple Transforming Megazord sets and deluxe Megazords feature more morphing options than ever before. By configuring the Zords in different ways, each Triple Transforming Megazord (three sets total) constructs three distinct Megazords. All the Zords can also be assembled together for even more unique combinations. The deluxe DualDrive Megazord for the Fall is made up of five highly detailed vehicle-themed Zords that can also morph into truck mode for more action. Combine the deluxe DriveMax (from the Spring) and DualDrive together to make the Dual DriveMax Megazord. Both of them also include cool lights and battle sounds.
* Role-Play. Includes an expanded lineup of the Overdrive Morphers with their black light decoding feature, the Operation Overdrive Weapons, Ultimate Mission Gear and more. In the Fall, the all-new Mega Mission Helmet takes the role-playing action to an entirely new level by adding online interactivity for the very first time. Kids can now truly become their favorite Power Ranger hero by downloading three-minute long secret missions directly from www.Bandai.com into the toy's USB drive, and then acting out the action. Add other role-play toys to further the imaginative play of good always triumphing over evil.
* Playset. The Mission Response Vehicle Playset is equipped with all of the essentials: lights, sounds and 360-degree missile launchers. Place any of the 5" Mission Response Power Ranger figures on the sensors in the cockpit and the missile control center to activate even more sounds and phrases in the figures.
* 15(th) Anniversary Toys. Featuring two limited edition action figure lines. From the original Mighty Morphin to the current Operation Overdrive show, the new 6.5" collectible figures features the Red Ranger from all 15 TV series. The three historic 5" figure sets also span the entire history of the brand and come with five characters in each package. Both have exclusive 15th anniversary packaging to make these must-have collector items.
In addition to the special edition toys, Bandai America's celebration will include exciting activities and events for fans of all ages. The Spring's "Uncover the Action" promotion will highlight the black light functionality of the Overdrive Tracker Morpher by allowing fans to uncover secret codes on product packaging. And building off of the highly successful 2006 "Get Powerized" Tour, Bandai America will again go on the road with the Power Rangers costume characters and give fans of all ages an exclusive opportunity to meet their favorite heroes in person. The tour will visit multiple cities and retail locations across America this coming Fall. Additionally, the 2007 tour will feature exclusive themed activities, giveaways and other interactive displays that engage kids.
About Power Rangers
Over the past fourteen years, the Power Rangers have been on Earth, in space, on the moon, under water, traveling through time, in the jungle and anywhere evil lurks. They've battled Rita Repulsa, Divatox, Master Org, Dark Spector, Toxica, Jindrax and many more evil-doers - villains who have been shrunk to miniatures, tossed in jail, reduced to ooze or banished. Over time, the brand has maintained its themes of teamwork, honesty, loyalty, courage, family, friends and above all, the victory of good over evil. For more information, please visit the new Power Rangers Supersite at www.powerrangers.com.
About Bandai America Incorporated
A leader in introducing Japanese toy trends to the United States, Bandai America Incorporated is a subsidiary of NAMCO BANDAI Holdings (USA) Inc., a new entity that resulted from the integration of Namco Ltd. and Bandai Co. Ltd. of Japan. Global interests encompass five strategic business units: toys and hobby (toys, models, apparel and sundries), amusement facilities, game content (home and arcade console gaming), mobile content, and visual and music content (including home entertainment). Bandai America is the manufacturer and master toy licensee of some of the most popular brands in children's toys and entertainment today, including Power Rangers, Ben 10, Team Galaxy, Tamagotchi and Girlz Connect. The company is headquartered in Cypress, Calif., and information is available at www.Bandai.com.
Visuals available upon request.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Feb 8, 2007|
|Previous Article:||SUSS Bonders Selected for MEMS Research Lab in Mexico.|
|Next Article:||Arrowhead Subsidiary, Unidym, Establishes Headquarters in Silicon Valley.|