Printer Friendly

Ban pan over fire risk call.

A BAN on potentially-lethal chip pans has been called for before the start of National Chip Week.

Over a quarter of 229 cooking fires in Staffordshire last year were caused by chip pans fire fighters said as they urged homeowers to ban the pan.

Brian Griffiths, station manager, said: "Chip pans cause serious fires because they can very quickly overheat and then ignite.

"We would urge people to either use deep fat fryers instead, which are much safer because they are thermostatically controlled which means they can't overheat, or consider a more healthier option that does not require the use of cooking fat or oils."
COPYRIGHT 2012 Birmingham Post & Mail Ltd
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2012 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Birmingham Mail (England)
Date:Feb 15, 2012
Words:105
Previous Article:pounds 300m COUNCIL HOUSES REVAMP.
Next Article:Search for missing teen mum still on.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2018 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters