Baldor-Dodge Vertical GearMotor.
Baldor Electric Company (Fort Smith, AK) has announced a new addition to its gear reducer product offering, the Baldor-Dodge Vertical GearMotor. Features include:
* Availability 6 sizes for vertical pump speeds from approximately 100 to 500 RPM.
* Torque ratings from 550,000 in-lbs. to 7,000,000 in-lbs.
* Approximate power ratings from 750 hp to >25,000 hp, depending on output rpm.
Why Would I Specify?
* The Vertical GearMotor offers a cost effective alternative to the common low speed vertical pump drive technologies, which use large, high pole count vertical motors or a combination of horizontal motor with a right angle gear reducer.
* The GearMotor is built on a standard low pole count induction motor using Dodge planetary gearing, resulting in a smaller, lighter, and efficient drive package.