BUILT FOR THE BABY BOOMERS.
It came into existence in 1951 as two separate schools, an infant and a junior school, after the demand for places outstripped supply at the nearby Ravensdale School.
At the beginning there were two classes in each year but that expanded to three when the Norton Hill estate was built nearby and families flocked to the area.
In 1993 a fire badly damaged part of the building.
The school had to be closed for a week and classes moved to temporary buildings while the area was cleaned and repaired.
The junior and infant schools amalgamated in 1994 to become Wyken Croft Primary School.
In 2001 scores of former staff, pupils and parents flocked to a 50th anniversary celebration.
And in 2004 a before and after school club for working parents was set up.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Coventry Evening Telegraph (England)|
|Date:||Mar 20, 2006|
|Previous Article:||How fundraising for charity helps pupils become better people.|
|Next Article:||WE SAY BIG IS BEAUTIFUL! PUPILS GIVE THEIR VERDICT.|