Printer Friendly

BRITAIN: national ROUND-UP - Star's death.

ACTOR Heath Ledger died from an accidental overdose of prescription drugs, the US medical examiner said yesterday.

His death was due to "acute intoxication" by the combined effects of six different drugs - ibuprofen, painkiller OxyContin, anti-anxiety medication Xanax and Valium, and sleeping pills Restoril and Unisom.

The Brokeback Mountain star was found dead in his New York apartment on January 22. He was 28.

Announcing the results of toxicology tests, the New York City medical examiner said: "Mr Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine."
COPYRIGHT 2008 MGN Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2008 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Daily Post (Liverpool, England)
Date:Feb 7, 2008
Words:99
Previous Article:BRITAIN: national ROUND-UP - All night sex.
Next Article:remember WHEN?: Which one was *** YOUR FAVOURIT.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2017 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters