Printer Friendly


Byline: The Register-Guard

Armed men sought

in Barker Road break-in

The Lane County Sheriff's Office was searching for two men late Tuesday who broke into a home on Barker Road, firing a weapon as they fled.

Shortly before 3:30 p.m., a 64-year-old man said he returned home after working in his pasture and found two armed men inside the house. One of the weapons fired as the men fled. No one was injured.

The men left in a dirty red or maroon 1990s sports coupe with a partial license plate of either 757 or 755.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Lane County Sheriff's Office tip line at 682-4167.

Police say second car may be tied to accident

Eugene police have located what may be a second car involved in a vehicle-pedestrian accident Monday that sent a man to the hospital with critical injuries.

Police found a gold Honda Accord that may have been following 25-year-old Christopher Jacob Aldridge of Eugene before he ran across the 900 block of West Seventh Avenue at 5:45 p.m. and was hit by a car. Aldridge was taken to Sacred Heart Medical Center, where he remains in the intensive care unit with head and chest injuries.

The driver of the car that struck Aldridge waited for police to arrive and is not being charged or cited in the crash. Investigators are interviewing witnesses, gathering evidence from the Honda and trying to determine why the car may have been following Aldridge, police said.

Anyone with information related to the crash is asked to contact the Eugene Police at 682-5111.

Eugene man cited

in motorcycle chase

A 19-year-old Eugene resident was cited for reckless driving and eluding an officer Monday night after he led Oregon State Police on a 150-mph chase near Salem.

At 6:48 p.m., Oregon State Police Capt. Calvin Curths was southbound in a construction work zone on Interstate 5 near Kuebler Boulevard when a 2006 Kawasaki Ninja motorcycle sped by the unmarked police car from behind. Curths tried to stop the motorcycle after pacing it at 72 mph in the 50-mph construction zone, police said.

The motorcyclist, who police later identified as Ryan N. Lewis of Eugene, accelerated quickly to speeds near 100 mph as police attempted to stop him. During the next two miles, police said Lewis sped up to an estimated 150 mph, passing at least one vehicle inside the median before going out of sight, and police decided to end their pursuit.

Using information from the motorcycle's license plate, troopers tracked Lewis to a home on Country Lane in Eugene at 10:20 p.m., where they found the motorcycle hidden behind the house. Lewis is scheduled to appear in Marion County Circuit Court.

- From Register-Guard

and news service reports
COPYRIGHT 2007 The Register Guard
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2007, Gale Group. All rights reserved. Gale Group is a Thomson Corporation Company.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:Accidents; METRO
Publication:The Register-Guard (Eugene, OR)
Date:May 16, 2007
Previous Article:FOR THE RECORD.
Next Article:OBITUARIES.

Related Articles

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2021 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters |