BLUE LIZARD CREATES ALLIANCE WITH SESAME STREET.
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street, the pioneering television show that has been teaching children since 1969.
"Sesame Street has a rich, 50-year history of creating fun, educational content for families," said Garrick Killbery, Crown Laboratories' executive director of marketing for consumer healthcare. "This partnership with Sesame Workshop, the non-profit organization that produces the iconic show, signifies our shared values of educating children and families on the importance of healthy habits like sun safety and skin cancer prevention."
Blue Lizard began sponsoring the show on PBS last month. Sponsored"Fun in the Sun"videos will launch on Sesame Street's YouTube channel the week of Memorial Day, during Skin Cancer Awareness Month.
"As a nonprofit organization, all of the work we do is in service of our mission to help kids everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder," said Jennifer Ahearn, vice president, strategic partnerships and themed entertainment, Sesame Workshop." We are proud to welcome Blue Lizard as Sesame Street's newest sponsor and work together to provide resources and content that keep families happy and healthy."
* Urban Decay is rolling out a Game of Thrones makeup collection for the final season of the hit HBO series.
* Guthy-Renker LLC has formed a new partnership with Westmore Beauty LLC, a "Hollywood-driven" multifunctional makeup line. The two companies have created a joint venture, Westmore Beauty Ultra LLC, that will expand the channels in which the Westmore Beauty brand can be purchased, including retail, e-retail, e-commerce and television.
McKenzie Westmore founded the Westmore Beauty Collection in collaboration with beauty incubator IP Brands to bring the tips and tricks that were once exclusive to celebrities, to the masses. Through harnessing IP Brands' advanced technology in color cosmetics to the Westmore family's 100-year history in the makeup industry, the line has quickly become a staple of celebrities, makeup artists, and consumers alike.
* SaltyGirl Beauty is conducting a national contest to have the company's first collection of lip glosses named after inspiring women from across the country. Every cosmetic in the SaltyGirl Beauty repertoire is currently named after a woman who has personally impacted the co-founders, sisters Sarah Kelly and Leah Robert.
The "Lip Gloss Heroes" contest embodies the spirit of women supporting each other through nominations that share the triumphs of others, according to the company, which is based in Maine. Six winners will be selected and the new lip gloss colors will be named after them. The shades will be unveiled on National Lipstick Day, which is July 29.
* Putting its own spin on the college basketball tournament that consumes many a sportsfan's attention in March, OPI last month created its own bracket-style competitive tournament called #OPIManiMadness, which featured nail artists who showcased their work on social media channels.
The final #OPIManiMadness All-Star Nail Champion and the winning nail art look was scheduled to be selected on April 2, and shared on @OPI and @OPI_Professional Instagram pages.
* Colgate Optic White is the first toothpaste to be awarded the American Dental Association (ADA) Seal of Acceptance in the at-home tooth bleaching category.
"We are honored that the ADA has recognized Colgate Optic White with this Seal of Acceptance," said Ben McLaughlin, associate director, Optic White toothpaste, North America marketing. "Colgate Optic White Advanced products represent years of research and development and receiving the ADA Seal of Acceptance under-scores our commitment to making the best at-home whitening toothpastes on the market."
* Thrive Causemetics will make a $25 million product donation--the largest in the company's history--to celebrate its four-year anniversary.
CEO Karissa Bodnar founded Thrive in 2015; her firm'S "Beauty with a Purpose" program ensures that a donation is made for every product sold.
The gift will benefit more than 50 nonprofit organizations that empower women who are fighting cancer, surviving domestic abuse or emerging from homelessness.
* Walgreens has launched Feel More Like You, a new pharmacy, health and beauty service available at no cost to help people living with cancer manage the medical and physical changes associated with cancer treatment. The national launch at more than 3,000 Walgreens stores follows a successful 100-store pilot program that began in spring 2018. Feel More Like You was developed in collaboration with the Look Good, Feel Better Foundation and the Cancer Support Community.
More than 12,000 Walgreens pharmacists have received special training to recommend OTC products to help manage treatment side effects such as skin rash, increased fatigue, mouth sores and dry mouth, and more than 3,000 Walgreens beauty consultants were trained to manage the physical changes associated with treatment, too.
* Beauty retail giant Sephora, which is part of LVMH, recently announced plans to open 35 new locations across the US marketplace. The company kicked off this year of new shop openings in March with a new store inside New York's famed Hudson Yards development.
"At Sephora, we are constantly working to further enhance, personalize and simplify the omnichannel experience for our clients, so the connection between the physical and digital is virtually seamless and highly customized at every touchpoint," said Mary Beth Laughton, executive vice president of omni retail.
Additional Sephora retail locations slated to open this year include:
* Atherton Mill--Charlotte, NC
* Sawgrass Mills--Sunrise, FL
* 14th Street DC--Washington, DC
* West Village--Dallas, TX
* Aliso Village--Los Angeles, CA
* Palm Springs--Palm Springs, CA
* Green Valley Ranch--Henderson, NV
* Highland Village--Houston, TX
* Pinecrest--Orange Village, OH
* Bishop Ranch--San Ramon, CA
* Oceanside--Long Island, NY
* LaurelVillage--San Francisco, CA
* American Dream--East Rutherford, NJ
* Redlands--Redlands, CA
* Waterside Shops--North Naples, FL
* One Paseo--San Diego, CA
* Belmar--Lakewood, CO
* Seaport--Boston, MA
* Rochester Hills--Rochester Hills, MI
* Ontario Mills--Ontario, CA
* Alexandria--Alexandria, VA
* Irvine Spectrum--Irvine, CA
* Long Beach--Los Angeles, CA
* Streets of Tanasbourne--Hillsboro, OR
* River Market--Fort Lauderdale, FL
* Lake Success--Lake Success, NY
* Dana Park--Mesa, AZ
* Atlantic Terminal--Brooklyn, NY
* Arboretum SC--Arboretum, SC
* Connecticut Ave--Washington, DC
* Davie--Davie, FL
* 2020 Westlake--Seattle, WA
* Shrewsbury--Monmouth County, NJ
* SoNo Collection--Norwalk, CT Sephora carries more than 200 brands.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Marketing News|
|Publication:||Household & Personal Products Industry|
|Date:||Apr 1, 2019|
|Previous Article:||UNILEVER ADDS FRAGRANCE DISCLOSURE WITH SMARTLABEL.|
|Next Article:||NEST FRAGRANCES OPENS FIRST RETAIL STORE.|